Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPod App - No Airplay?

This is a discussion on iPod App - No Airplay? within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Can someone confirm that AirPlay isn't available when using the iPod app on the iPad? I can't find any way to do it and I ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    6173
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    iPod App - No Airplay?

    Can someone confirm that AirPlay isn't available when using the iPod app on the iPad?

    I can't find any way to do it and I think that I may have seen mention of this somewhere.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    13577
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    918
    It should be there to the right of the volume control. Also it's in the iPod controls in the task switcher.





    Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPod App - No Airplay?-photo.jpg  

  4. #3
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    6173
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    It should be there to the right of the volume control. Also it's in the iPod controls in the task switcher.Michael
    Thanks, I notice in your screenshot the battery indicator says "Not Charging". Does this mean that you were playing music from iTunes on a Mac or PC.

    I am playing music fom the iPod app on the iPad with music stored on the iPad and can't see anyway to output to AirPlay.

  5. #4
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    13577
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    918
    No... was only the iPod app on my iPad playing music stored on the iPad itself. It says not charging because I was connected to my iPhone's charger (it still charges it, just at half the rate as high-power USB or the iPad charger).



    Michael

  6. #5
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    6173
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    No... was only the iPod app on my iPad playing music stored on the iPad itself. It says not charging because I was connected to my iPhone's charger (it still charges it, just at half the rate as high-power USB or the iPad charger).



    Michael
    I wonder why I am not seeing the option to output to AirPlay? Now that I know that it should work, I will dig deeper. I am am sure that the iPod app would have been updated when I upgraded to iOS 4.2.

    So far I have been quite disappointed by all the things that AirPlay doesn't do.

  7. #6
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    13577
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    918
    Can iTunes itself see your Apple TV 2G? If so the iPad should see it.

    Do any other apps show it? It should of course show in the Videos and Photos apps too--and in the switcher bar by the iPod controls.

    I have had it since 4.2 beta 2 I think for audio. I had to update my Apple TV to get it to work with video.





    Michael

  8. #7
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    6173
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Can iTunes itself see your Apple TV 2G? If so the iPad should see it.

    Do any other apps show it? It should of course show in the Videos and Photos apps too--and in the switcher bar by the iPod controls.

    I have had it since 4.2 beta 2 I think for audio. I had to update my Apple TV to get it to work with video.
    Michael
    Hi Michael,

    If you mean iTunes on my PC, yes.

    This is really puzzling. Photos can stream to AppleTV too. When I attempt to update AppleTV it says that it it up to date.
    Last edited by RAC; 12-08-2010 at 02:21 AM.

  9. #8
    Administrator
    Member #
    1596
    Liked
    334 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brisbane , Queensland Australia
    Posts
    5,307
    For once I have a question i have the latest version of iOS installed i do not have the airplay option in the task switch bar as per photo above. I actually did a full restore but still no button any of you genius users can help out a poor underpaid super moderator lol
    Cheers Colin,
    Administrator
    Brisbane Australia
    Certified Apple Product Professional
    _____________________________


    iPad User Guide
    Forum Rules. Please Read.
    Hacking Section Rules

  10. #9
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    5490
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by col.bris View Post
    For once I have a question i have the latest version of iOS installed i do not have the airplay option in the task switch bar as per photo above. I actually did a full restore but still no button any of you genius users can help out a poor underpaid super moderator lol
    Do you have an Apple TV or Airport Express on your network? The icon will not display if it can't see one of these.

  11. #10
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    13577
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by RAC View Post
    Hi Michael,

    If you mean iTunes on my PC, yes.

    This is really puzzling. Photos can stream to AppleTV too. When I attempt to update AppleTV it says that it it up to date.
    I assume you mean photos stream from the iPad photos app to the Apple TV, right? Can the Videos app on the iPad do likewise too? If so you have the latest ATV firmware.

    Oh and also, can you use the Remote app on the iPad to control your ATV? If so it would seem you have it all in place.



    Michael


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. AirPlay
    By lbrandes in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 04:44 PM
  2. AirPlay: iOS 4.2 & 4.2.1 Feature For iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
    By PhilSynowiec in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 08:00 AM
  3. Airplay Seems a Little Short
    By heritagesurf7 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 08:46 PM

Search tags for this page

airplay ipod app

,
airplay on ipod app
,
application for ipod for airplay
,
can't find airplay app
,
can't find airplay button on ipad
,
no airplay app on ipad
,

no airplay icon on ipod touch

,
no airplay option
Click on a term to search for related topics.