Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Tip: You can put 6 Icons on your App Tray

This is a discussion on Tip: You can put 6 Icons on your App Tray within the iPad General Discussions forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; If I remember correctly, you could only have 4 with the iPhone unless you jailbreaked your phone. You can have 6 on the iPad without ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    752
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    74

    Tip: You can put 6 Icons on your App Tray

    If I remember correctly, you could only have 4 with the iPhone unless you jailbreaked your phone.

    You can have 6 on the iPad without jailbraking it.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    1605
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    What is an app tray?

  4. #3
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    752
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Patra View Post
    What is an app tray?
    Its the very bottom row of icons on the iPad, just above the iPad button. The default icons are Safari, Mail, Photos, and iPod. You can drag 2 more icons from any screen and add them to your app tray. You can also drag off any of the default icons and replace them with ones of your choosing.

  5. #4
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    1605
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Thanks! I have an iPhone but had not heard the term "app tray." Love, love, love all the apps, though.

  6. #5
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    1752
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC, New York
    Posts
    17
    Thanks for the info - will try that now. Now I am wondering how many pages of apps the system will display...?

  7. #6
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    456
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    1,252

    Smile iPad app's quantity

    Quote Originally Posted by JCat View Post
    Thanks for the info - will try that now. Now I am wondering how many pages of apps the system will display...?
    Seem's (based on what i read) is 11 pages of app's

  8. #7
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    1949
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCat View Post
    Thanks for the info - will try that now. Now I am wondering how many pages of apps the system will display...?
    Seem's (based on what i read) is 11 pages of app's
    Yep 11 pages. Four more apps per page than the iPhone.

    I am not pleased. I own hundreds of apps. This device should not be restricted on the number of apps.
    Gary

    iPad 64gb wifi ~ iPhone 3GS

  9. #8
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    752
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by G.a.r.y View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JCat View Post
    Thanks for the info - will try that now. Now I am wondering how many pages of apps the system will display...?
    Seem's (based on what i read) is 11 pages of app's
    Yep 11 pages. Four more apps per page than the iPhone.

    I am not pleased. I own hundreds of apps. This device should not be restricted on the number of apps.
    Why did you buy hundreds of apps when the iPhone has even less pages than the iPad? Or were you jailbroken? If so, the iPad will have the "cure" soon enough.

    Most of my iPhone apps look like crap in the iPad when 2x'd ... unless I absolutely need it, I dont plan on running any on the iPad.

  10. #9
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    1209
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    37
    I would love to know what "hundreds" of apps you deem worthy of hanging onto. I'm lucky if I can fill 2 pages of anything worth keeping.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA

  11. #10
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    1284
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,623
    Yeah I noticed this first day...it only makes sense since the screen is longer.


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

how can you add apps on bottom row of iphone
,
how many icons at bottom of ipad
,
icon tray iphone
,
iphone drag icon from bottom tray
,
iphone icon tray
,

iphone tray icons

,
put iphone icon in trsy
,
tray icon for iphone
Click on a term to search for related topics.