Dear iPad community,
I'm looking for a way to store and view linked electronical data on my iPad.
My mom is a tour guide. She has a lot of information to bring along, which she currently collects in word files and prints out and then has trouble finding again when needed. Because of the linked nature of the information, I'd go for a wiki, to prepare at home and then display on the iPad when needed. But at that time an internet connection is not given (tunnel, countryside) so everything needs to be stored on the iPad.
I see two ways to achieve this (there might be more):
1) Install php and set up a php webserver on the iPad, set up a wiki locally and store all the information directly on the iPad.
2) Set up a wiki at my web hosters, prepare the data when there is an internet connection and copy the data to the iPad with an offline wiki reader configured for my domain (at home).
Problems and thoughts:
- Is it possible to install php and a webserver on an non jailbreaked iPad? I'd rather not jailbreak my moms iPad...
- IMHO using pdfs poses the same problem of finding information as paper.
- I haven't yet found a wiki reader both configurable and offline ready.
-A 10 step process might be ok for me but again this being for my mom it should be simple. I'd rather not introduce another app like SiteSucker to copy the data.
Sarah from Switzerland