Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Big Business - game discussion

This is a discussion on Big Business - game discussion within the iPad Games forums, part of the iPad App Store category; Originally Posted by GAB IV Oh don't let that stop you ! Think of it as such a good deal GI is actually losing on ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 740 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 240 640 690 730 738 739 740 741 742 750 790 840 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 10349
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: Big Business - game discussion

  1. #7391
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    279015
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by GAB IV View Post

    Oh don't let that stop you ! Think of it as such a good deal GI is actually losing on that deal and it is a very good deal. I'm jealous, I would take it despite the bad GI.

    Think of it, take your feelings out of it, 99 cents! That's nothing. It like a teaser, get you into the action of buying stuff. Just tell yourself, you are not buying anything else after that. Like those 0% teaser CC deals. Notice they don't do those so often now. I use to borrow 10k on those and then pay it off and close the card when the deal expired usually a year or so. One time I took 5k and put into a good stock. I sold my stock for an 8k gain at the end of the year.

    [ city name: Sprawlville level 62 player: GAB IV from western mass USA need hammers ]
    Think about it this way... 99 cents is also a very good deal for a needle full of heroin.

    (Player Name: Fred Diggitz / City Name: Stank Biscuit / Level: 37 / From: Raleigh, NC, USA)
    (Player Name: Fred Diggitz / City Name: Stank Biscuit / Level: 37 / From: Raleigh, NC, USA)

  2. Ads


  3. #7392
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    275748
    Liked
    162 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western MA, USA
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Diggitz View Post

    Think about it this way... 99 cents is also a very good deal for a needle full of heroin.

    (Player Name: Fred Diggitz / City Name: Stank Biscuit / Level: 37 / From: Raleigh, NC, USA)
    Well that is a bit more dramatic, but also yes a very good deal for a needle. But even I would do that deal, bc I could do that deal and toss out the drug so someone else does not get that one. The needle is the offer in hopes you get hooked and buy more by being hooked. But you are smarter than that. You won't use it and fall into their trap. You accept that it harms them to provide so cheap, but you don't fall for it. Do you understand now what I'm saying? Take the deal !

    GI is like a drug dealer. Lol

    [ city name: Sprawlville level 62 player: GAB IV from western mass USA need hammers ]
    <record not found>

  4. #7393
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    274063
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    131
    It's amazing how cyclical GI has been.
    When i first started, the halloween and christmas events were next to impossible, people started complaining, then the next few were doable, maybe not getting the new building upgraded, but atleast getting it placed. Then, the events requiring you to make things, those were near impossible, now they got toned down.
    Now, they make it next to impossible to buy a new factory, and now this 4th of july event is next to impossible to finish.
    I have a feeling this will be the norm, and only people who spend lots of money will be able to do anything in this game, and us casual players are screwed.

    Also, i tried contacting apple, and they told me i had to contact GI. I replied that GI wouldn't issue and refund, and there have been other people who have received refunds from them regarding the City Credits, but apple has yet to respond, and I have a feeling they won't....
    City Name: Blank City Player Name: Blankman666 looking to trade little dragons

  5. #7394
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    275748
    Liked
    162 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western MA, USA
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankman View Post
    It's amazing how cyclical GI has been.
    When i first started, the halloween and christmas events were next to impossible, people started complaining, then the next few were doable, maybe not getting the new building upgraded, but atleast getting it placed. Then, the events requiring you to make things, those were near impossible, now they got toned down.
    Now, they make it next to impossible to buy a new factory, and now this 4th of july event is next to impossible to finish.
    I have a feeling this will be the norm, and only people who spend lots of money will be able to do anything in this game, and us casual players are screwed.

    Also, i tried contacting apple, and they told me i had to contact GI. I replied that GI wouldn't issue and refund, and there have been other people who have received refunds from them regarding the City Credits, but apple has yet to respond, and I have a feeling they won't....
    I'm sure apple is discussing this. They have set a president refunding people. But those have probably added up to some big bucks. They are likely in discussion with GI to figure it out. So now apple is stalling for time to get GI to come to an agreement. Apple isn't losing money. They take it back from GI. And GI is likely complaining now that apple has done that. I bet this is a much bigger mess and we think it is. Like a was explaining to summer, credit card is your ultimate fall back. When you complain to them and they refund you, they usually take it back from the merchant. Apple is like the CC between the app makers and you the app users.

    [ city name: Sprawlville level 62 player: GAB IV from western mass USA need hammers ]
    <record not found>

  6. #7395
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    281372
    Liked
    82 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by GAB IV View Post

    That's wrong. I would reply back that other players have posted that apple has refunded them. Furthermore, I should point out you did not buy crappy stuff, but stuff to advance your status and enjoyment of the game. Now that the game has changed, your status and enjoyment has been harmed. Also point out that you paid through apple and expect them to rectify on your behalf. In closing with apple, indicate if they are not willing to work with you, and that GI was not helpfully, your last recourse it to take up the matter with your credit card company. When you mention bait and switch with your CC company they will look into it and may even give you an instant credit.

    Also point out apple has lost your loyalty, you are switching your iPhone for a Samsung and your tablet for Microsoft surface.

    [ city name: Sprawlville level 62 player: GAB IV from western mass USA need hammers ]
    Gab, I did my best explaining all that, including bait and switch. That is why he consulted his Senior Manager.

    When that rep emailed me with his follow up, he said that the issue was considered resolved, case closed and additional requests of this nature would be closed without a reply. I am not going to waste my time composing lengthy emails which no one would read. I am not sure about calling Bank of America. Do they really refund purchases like that? How would they look into it?

    {Summerville, the head honcho - Elloriana, lvl 63, Charleston, SC}

  7. #7396
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    285313
    Liked
    43 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Temecula,ca
    Posts
    350
    BOO GI!

    On another note, I was wondering if people would like to weigh in on a new topic: What ISN'T being asked for at the port.
    I have never seen, but have in my warehouse: starch, pet food, advertising posters, armchairs, thread, construction kits, nightstands, pillows, books, spices, marble, cacao beans, coconuts and cocoflakes, and granite. Has anyone seen these on ships, or can I sell them off? They are taking up space
    Ceo nelson, level 62 junkerton

  8. #7397
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    281372
    Liked
    82 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Racket View Post
    BOO GI!

    On another note, I was wondering if people would like to weigh in on a new topic: What ISN'T being asked for at the port.
    I have never seen, but have in my warehouse: starch, pet food, advertising posters, armchairs, thread, construction kits, nightstands, pillows, books, spices, marble, cacao beans, coconuts and cocoflakes, and granite. Has anyone seen these on ships, or can I sell them off? They are taking up space
    I have seen nightstands a few times and my next ship will need cocoflakes, please save them for me. Also, my VIP containers needed thread, beds, preserves.

    Ad posters are 12 hr items, I doubt we will ever see them. In VIP maybe but not in the regular containers.

    {Summerville, the head honcho - Elloriana, lvl 63, Charleston, SC}

  9. #7398
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    275748
    Liked
    162 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Western MA, USA
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerNight View Post

    Gab, I did my best explaining all that, including bait and switch. That is why he consulted his Senior Manager.

    When that rep emailed me with his follow up, he said that the issue was considered resolved, case closed and additional requests of this nature would be closed without a reply. I am not going to waste my time composing lengthy emails which no one would read. I am not sure about calling Bank of America. Do they really refund purchases like that? How would they look into it?

    {Summerville, the head honcho - Elloriana, lvl 63, Charleston, SC}
    The CC will ask you if you tried to resolve it. You can say yes and even provide email showing. They will likely set aside the charge and try to resolve for you. But because apple is so big the bank may just reverse the charges and force them to contact you to resolve. I have done this with other stuff and found that the CC had just refunded me the charges. Unfortunately here I have only paid $6 for the life of my game. Hardly worth arguing for.

    But you could just wait it out too for other to complain. Once the numbers of players like you start to rise the supervisor will start to rethink. You are a pace maker, first to take action. Soon others may be doing the same and they will relent.

    Call BOA, explain that you are frustrated with some of your purchases. Explain how you bought into an iPad game by using a valid game strategy. Then the game maker changed the established rules such that your purchases lost their value. It was like a bait and switch where you were baited into buying special features of the game to increase you enjoyment. But now the game maker switched the rules that I can no longer use those purchases as intended. You tried taking to the maker, you tried talking to apple, but no one will negotiate with you. Ask BOA that you used their card to pay those purchases what are your recourses. They can say no or they could give you a refund. Or somewhere in between. If nothing else, you learn how BOA will back its customers up.

    [ city name: Sprawlville level 62 player: GAB IV from western mass USA need hammers ]
    <record not found>

  10. #7399
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    276846
    Liked
    49 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Il
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by GAB IV View Post

    Congrats meg ! Now get some WH space. Do some upgrades but wait for a sale on new ones. I did this when I did my 7 mil. All that WH space really helped out on the daily tasks by stocking some of the longer term items commonly asked for. Also makes it easy to stock up for the high qty container items.

    Nothing worse than knowing what you need in a limited amount of time, only to find out you can't store it.

    [ city name: Sprawlville level 62 player: GAB IV from western mass USA need hammers ]
    Thanks! I agree! That's been my plan all along. I'm going to spend a little but stay above 5 million so when warehouses go on sale, I can buy all 4 of them at a discounted price. I'm hoping it will be in the next couple weeks. I looked back and it seemed like it was every 2 months so if that's true, the next warehouse sale should be around July 18.

    :-) City: MegVille Player: MegFree1013 Level: 42 Need: Trowels From: Chicago, Illinois:-)
    City: MegVille Player: MegFree1013 Level: 26 Need: Free Gifts that count for achievement: fountain & flowerbed

  11. #7400
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    285896
    Liked
    23 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    199
    Do I want to buy a Capitol building for a 100 credits and 6,000 HP? Well if I was still aiming for 200,000 for the next factory then yes probably, but as I now need 1,302,000 then most definitely not!! I suspect my story is a common one!

    Name: Rikmondo (no more spending) City name: Rikville Level. 55. Needs: Drills, please.
    scooteriggy2 likes this.
    User name: Rikmondo. City name: Rikville Level: 40 Needs: billboards


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 95124
    Last Post: Today, 04:07 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 06:37 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 03:01 AM

Search tags for this page

big business

,
big business forum games
,

big business game

,
big business game for ipad
,

big business game forum

,
big business ipad achievements
,
incorrigible sweet tooth
,
incorrigible sweet tooth big business
Click on a term to search for related topics.