Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade
This is a discussion on Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade within the iPad Games forums, part of the iPad App Store category; Hey guys, Heroes Blade for ipad was just re-released tonight and I am looking to see what everyone thinks about it.
I'm an admin for ...
Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade
Hey guys, Heroes Blade for ipad was just re-released tonight and I am looking to see what everyone thinks about it.
I'm an admin for the game and just out lookin' for the public opinion of our game! We're a small company just trying out the ipad gaming world and hoping that we've made an entertaining game that people will enjoy. You can find it in the apple store or just head over to our website at heroesblade.com. Hope you enjoy the game if you check it out! thanks!!!
10-18-2010 04:40 AM
I have this game, unfortunately even with the new 103 patch it doesn't work on 4.2. I really like it though when I was on 3.2.2
hey! dcam. sorry about the problems with apples latest update of their OS. we had all of the issues repaired with the first beta of 4.2 they released and then they decided to update that one, but NOT make it backward compatible. however, we are currently working on a fix for it. if u keep checking our games site we'll keep u updated!
Hey, is this the official thread for the game? Is there a official forum instead? I've bought the game, and I have a lot to say... Even tried contacting you guys (if you are the dev's) through the heroesblade.com website, and no response for almost a week now...
Should I even bother giving feedback here? Or will it fall on deaf ears again?
Ouch. Go for it. I am interested!
Originally Posted by jasonbrinks
Hey mate, I'm honestly sorry, didn't mean to offend you or anything... Its just that it can get frustrating when you can't communicate with the dev's of an indie game you love and enjoy...
Ok, I have a bunch of questions, and I wrote a decently lengthy review of the app too... Which one should I go for first...?
And before all else, is there any way I can donate? You know, do my little share to help this game reach its full potential...?
Questions I have:
- Why is it that when I play on certain profiles (Orbs on the main menu) I don't get access to certain cards? On my current profile (white orb) I don't ever seem to find 'Dawn', 'Curse' and that walking mountain thing... I've won so many battles that I have all traits maxed out, and almost all of my minions upgraded, and I checked the damn store each time after a victory, no luck... :-(
- When you say that the future updates for the app will be based on fan suggestions, is there an official spot to just go ahead and dump suggestions? Or is this it?
I can't seem to recollect any more questions for now, but will post here as soon as they come to mind... I've attached my review for the app below (as submitted to iTunes). Don't take offense, I don't mean to down trod the game, its just that I'm comparing this to every gamer's ecstasy... So while the con list might seem lengthy, clearing it will result in a game that'll sell like hotcakes, even at $9.99 (imho)...
The game is almost perfect... Its not extremely deep (there's no real story, no 'career' mode, etc.), but its great fun if you're into such games...
- Art quality is pretty good!
- Basic gameplay fairly easy to pick up and understand
- Addictive gameplay
- Great potential for lore
- Supports iPod music in the background
- Game feels chunky, with slow menu navigation and long load times
- No option/ability to rearrange the order of your cards in the deck
- No tutorial, so certain functions aren't obvious (Like, double tap on a card in deck to discard it)
- Upgrade menu for cards isn't intuitive (Its a real pain to scroll through 100+ cards just to find the one you need to upgrade)
- No card descriptions (Only 'casting' descriptions are provided, other than that minion cards are just blank... Some backstory wouldn't hurt, you know?)
- Game is still slightly buggy (Too many fast actions and you can glitch the game - such as making illegal moves, disappearing units on the field, etc. not to mention bugs where you can't play any cards, and HAVE to restart, and program crashes)
- No real multi-tasking support (though, if you quit in the middle of a battle, the game will restore you to that point when you 'begin' a new game)
- No combat animations (Minion graphics are just static images, and the whole image moves back and forth to indicate action, no real combat, idle attack, injury, casting, etc. animations)
- Not very balanced (certain strategies are overpowered, and certain units are useless - For example, 2x Hive Queen + 8x Hive drone is impossible to defeat, particularly with certain boosting spells - Soul boom, baltas blood curse, etc.)
- No backstory (For the game overall, so the units don't really feel special or unique... As every TCG player will know, its the difference between playing a game with someone else's deck, and playing with your OWN custom deck, that you've gathered...)
- No career mode (would be nice to have a rpg-ish [There are already traits in game] career, where you selected 'demi-gods', each with his/her own special combination of mana colors, (Example = Baal is a black and red mana player), with unique traits and unique cards...)
Overall, I'd say this is a great game to pick up (for the price), but if any real competition comes by (Orions: Legend of Wizards for example), this game won't be as attractive anymore...
Personally however, I would LOVE to either see this game mature to the levels and depths of Orions, or Orions should adopt the visual styles in this game (playing minions onto the field, with combat animations, etc. Think Eye of Judgment!)...
Oh, almost forgot...
- Very poor customer support (I've mailed them thrice through their website, got no response)
- Lame website (There's practically nothing there, just some blobs of text and some media... Can't find their forum either...
Looking forward to this game's future DLC's, expansions, and perhaps even ver. 2.0!
Awesome, will wait for your post here meanwhile... And nope, didn't get your responses... Checking Junk... Hmmm... I found 1 of your mails, a response for the most recent question about the missing cards...
Thanks for the response though, but I've got even more questions now! Lol...
Hey, I hope I'm not taking too much of your time here...
Always outnumbered... Never outgunned...
On to your questions and comments, Jason. :)
Originally Posted by jasonbrinks
Here we go.
1 - i addressed the orbs issue with you in the last email i sent, but the 3 orbs represent 3 different accounts/characters for you and a friend or bro or sis to play against each other.
2 - when i say future updates, i mean that fans will be able to have direct say in future cards. we will most-likely post a few minions and/or spell graphix up on the games website (along with the games forum we're working on) that you will be able to give us your feedback and suggestions on. we'll be doing some cool contests in a future update as well that will give our players a chance to have their likeness and/or name made into a minion for the game.
3 - thanks for the props and your thoughts on the game.
4 - let me start the "con's:" section by saying that this game is NOT finished. it is pretty much still a beta. the groundwork has been laid now were adding the stuff that we feel will be best for the game and our players.
- can't do much about the load times with graphix as good as ours.
- we are currently working on a much more user friendly deck editor.
- we are currently expanding the tutorial and i am writing up a cool little FAQ for the heroesblade website that will explain a ton of things that aren't 100% clear at the beginning of the game. (open to suggestions here btw)
- card upgrades area will be included in the new and improved deck editor
- bugs are evil and we exterminate their malicious evil the moment someone tells us they've found one. if you find one PLEASE inform us immediately and we'll get right on it. we have taken care of every single bug reported to us as of version 1.04 (still may be some random bugs that ppl haven't written us about yet though).
- don't really know what you're looking for w/ the multi-tasking comment?
- graphix this good are expensive, animations that good would cost a first born child. if we get a ton of adds we MAY consider doing battle animations, but until then. sorry. we're just 2 dudes tryin' 2 make a really great game on a limited budget. lol. :P
- certain units were sort-of meant to be useless or better stated, as "not as useful in later stages of the game." the game will be balanced out with the addition of more cards. we aren't going to change cards very often unless they turn out just obscenely strong, we'll add new cards that are really great counters to the old powerful ones. speaking of which, we currently have a small group of new cards in the works. (the 1st expansion will probably have about 20-35 new minions and about a dozen new spells, but i'm not 100% sure about that just yet. we're still workin' on the graphix and code work for them).
- the game actually does have a back story, its just not been implemented just yet. we have a story/career mode kind of on the back-burner that we'll work on more as we get more players added and a bit more $ to work with for expansions.
- and about the "poor customer support" comment. i don't know what happened 2 the email responses i sent u the other day, but i know i wrote u back. :P ...now that i think about it, my partner said he didn't receive a few emails from me about a wk or so ago.... i dunno. anyway, the website is a work in progress 2 dude. lol. we're gonna add a player forum on the website in the future along with some other cool pages. maybe some random explosions and a motorcycle catching on fire or somethin' too? would that make u happy? lol
hope that helps. i answer every email that i get (takes me a day or sometimes though, b/c i have 3 jobs, a really hot and awesome wife and i play music all the time)... i'm a busy dude. holla!
By zacheryj10 in forum iPad Games
Last Post: 09-10-2011, 06:19 PM
By Stingray in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
By ClarkeApps in forum iPad App Announcements
Last Post: 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
By phen77 in forum iPad Games
Last Post: 05-21-2010, 11:05 AM
By iDan in forum Apple iPad News
Last Post: 04-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Search tags for this page
best card game for ipad
best card game ipad
best ipad card games
card game ipad
games like yugioh for ipad
ipad card game
ipad card games
ipad strategy card games
yu gi oh game for ipad
yugioh game for ipad
yugioh games for ipad
yugioh ipad game
Click on a term to search for related topics.