Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade
This is a discussion on Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade within the iPad Games forums, part of the iPad App Store category; Hi Cro. I recently purchased the game after trying, and getting addicted to, the lite version. I'm what you would call a "hardcore gamer". Along ...
Hi Cro. I recently purchased the game after trying, and getting addicted to, the lite version. I'm what you would call a "hardcore gamer". Along with competitive console games, I play both Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh professionally. After 2 days of off-and-on play, I've made it to the 7th level.
Thus far, the only things that I've seen or think the game needs are:
-Alternate ways to earn gold.
-Deck editing legend. (number of cards, card ratios)
-Multiple deck slots.
-Hand number for both players.
-A date and brief overview for upcoming updates on the title screen.
-Multiplayer (further on after more updates)
With that said, the only two things I saw that needed an actual fix were the "no card playing" glitch, and not being able to purchase alot of the enemy's cards.
I've been having a blast with this game and can't wait for more updates to be released. It would be another thing to look forward to. (hence the "update date" implementation idea)
Oh and one thing I hope doesn't get fixed... I don't know if you realized it, but you can have an unlimited amount of upgraded minions.
I currently use a red elf draw engine in every deck, consisting of a lot of 2nd level elves (Druid Oakmage), with the max of 3 1st levels.
Thank you for your time, and for the record, you're sitting on a gold mine with this one...trust me.
01-01-2011 05:24 PM
Hi cro, loved the lite version so bought the game on ipad and ipod touch (for the on the go playing). I play it all the time, but I have an annoying bug: sometimes after I play a minion I can't drag any other cards into play til I restart my ipad, and when restarted my minio, has -1/-1. Really, it sometimes sucks the fun out of it.
Otherwise, very nice game.
sorry for the grammer btw, english not my native language
keep up the good work
I've recently purchased Heroes Blade (after trying the lite version) and it looks like your game has great potential. However, without proper and frequent updates and fixes the potential might be buried.
First let me give you my personal feedback on what should be fixed first.
1. *I just realized you can use the right space to scroll up and down so scratch this point*
2. Spells Page shows random list of "spells" that we can purchase. This is should to be changed where we can purchase anything we want. To make this possible add a filtering feature where you can filter Power Type (Red, White and Black) Spell Type (Minion, Spell, Mana) and Mana Cost (0, 1, 2, 3, 4+). Then we can browse the spell collection without having to fight, check store if the spell we want is available and if not.. fight more.
3. There needs to be a way to save more than just 1 deck. The three orbs in the beginning actually gives you 2 "different" accounts which are not connected. What we need is the ability of storing decks. Just a few buttons on top "New", "Load" and "Save" would work. Click on New to name your new deck then maybe using the same filtering system explained on point #2 we can filter the spells we want to include then we save the deck.
Below are the things I'd like to see but they are not mandatory:
1. Give us more upgrade options. Some creatures get upgraded to be multi-colored when I actually run a mono-deck. I should have several options of upgrade branches for people who want to focus on mono-decks.
2. Revamp the whole Store Section, as suggested in the beginning it needs to be enhanced with a lot of flexibilities and features to accommodate the multi-upgrade-branching system and a more enhanced spell store.
3. Add more Power Colors. Red, White and Black are nice but very limiting. Maybe a Blue color (sea/wind creatures..etc) and a Green color (Treants/Bears..etc)
4. Add Spell Types. We know we have Minions, that's a spell type. The good thing about having types is that you can add a lot of mechanics to the game like (Destroy all equipments in the game) or (Opponent cannot cast Instants for two turns). Without having types you can't do these kind of "spells". I would like to see Equipments, Instants, Objects, Heroic Minions..etc. Objects can be Walls you can place on your front line to protect your minion they have a lot of hp but can't attack. Objects can be many things like Mines, Pitfalls..etc
5. Gives us the option to permit our heroes to attack or defend this turn. It would add a lot of tactics to the game instead of watching them just shoot every time and probably kill themselves because of it.
6. Gives us more than just 6 spaces in the field to place minions (9 spaces sounds good) and give us the ability to move minions (which would not let them be able to attack or defend this turn).
7. Add more combat mechanics that are shared by several other minions like "First Strike: This creature attacks first", "Flying: This creature cannot be attacked by non-flying creatures"..etc. This would make the game easy because every time we read "First Strike" we know this unit will hit first. So, we don't have to always read unique unit descriptions (and there's nothing wrong with that, but basic combat mechanics are always a good thing).
8. Add Neutral Spells that can be cast using any type of mana.
Balance Issues I'd like to see fixed:
Almost all Trait system is anti-skill and increases the luck factor which is the very same reason why MTG:Tactics (SOE) failed. Giving me a 50% chance for my creatures to get +1/+1 and attack this turn is just... silly. Might ass well throw a die and see who wins. Traits are OKAY if they are not severely overpowered. The +2 HP (to a maximum of +10 hp) is acceptable. But +1/+1 and attack at the same turn is too strong and the other one which hurts any minion attacking you is also strong. You are running a Deck Building game and most fans of the genre are not into "Luck" infested games.
The spells (minions and spells) are perfectly balanced they are good and interesting. The quantity is healthy for a new release once everything is sorted out (Fixes, then Things I'd like to see like adding more Color powers, then fixing the Trait system.. ) if all that was done then you can increase and expand on the collection of spells for Black, White and Red Powers.
I congratulate you for creating a great game it's entertaining. If these suggestions I listed were taken serious and we see the game being fixed and expanded upon I'd be willing to pay for every expansion you guys might introduce (which should be optional but gives those who purchase it the option to purchase the new spells).
Last edited by Crow; 07-20-2011 at 11:08 AM.
By zacheryj10 in forum iPad Games
Last Post: 09-10-2011, 06:19 PM
By Stingray in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
By ClarkeApps in forum iPad App Announcements
Last Post: 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
By phen77 in forum iPad Games
Last Post: 05-21-2010, 11:05 AM
By iDan in forum Apple iPad News
Last Post: 04-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Search tags for this page
best card game ipad
card game ipad
ipad card game
ipad card games
ipad strategy card games
yu gi oh game for ipad
yugioh game for ipad
yugioh ipad game
Click on a term to search for related topics.