I want to buy an iPad but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out exactly what is right for my needs, or if an iPad even matches those need. Even after reading a million articles and reviews, and talking to various sales people (who don't ever actually seem to know anything!), I still have no idea.
I want to use the iPad for:
* Downloading iLectures for uni (videos).
* Downloading pdf powerpoint summaries for uni.
* Opening and editing powerpoints and word documents from uni group members.
* Writing essays and creating powerpoint presentations for uni.
* Using YouTube and downloading a few kids videos for work.
* Accessing my uni website whenever I'm early for work/in between sessions and dont have time to go home.
The three things really confusing me are whether to get an iPad 2 or the new iPad, which size is best for my needs (keeping in mind that each pdf file I download onto my netbook for uni is about 900 MB, and I have 5 a week, yet others do this to their iPads just fine, how?) and whether I should get 3G/cellular or just wi-fi.
I hope somebody can help me understand everything!