Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

How to make a Pogo stylus clone

This is a discussion on How to make a Pogo stylus clone within the iPad DIY forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by IpadOne Originally Posted by starfire I don't think those are capacitive You are wrong at all, sorry to told you that but ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    1491
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NW New Mexico
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    I don't think those are capacitive
    You are wrong at all, sorry to told you that but we have made intensive test Ö but i can understand in your eyes everything is free is better
    When are you going to open your store? You can show us all the pictures you want but they do us no good ;o)
    Most probably tapped on my iPad!

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    2858
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post

    But more fun to build own and save few buck at same time. That why be better.
    for something worth big buck, i totally agree with you everyone have his own choice and taste right ??, like my carbon fiber case i spend lot of time for do one but for stylus cost less than 10 i donít think i need to spend 3 hours (of course is my point of view)
    He not spend 3 hour like you say. I watch a he video with my time clock. He make a pogo stylus less then 2 Minutes (not hours like you say) and he do this real cheap. He make nice pogo stylus I bet he sell for $5 if he wants.
    I found me some foam like he, and I going to make pogo stylus like he but I think it take me 3 minutes because he better pogo stylus maker then me.. I like his post because he teach me something good to have
    Am I the only one that was LMAO at CaptKirk's responses? That's damn funny right there!

  4. #23
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    3171
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ny
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post

    for something worth big buck, i totally agree with you everyone have his own choice and taste right ??, like my carbon fiber case i spend lot of time for do one but for stylus cost less than 10 i donít think i need to spend 3 hours (of course is my point of view)
    He not spend 3 hour like you say. I watch a he video with my time clock. He make a pogo stylus less then 2 Minutes (not hours like you say) and he do this real cheap. He make nice pogo stylus I bet he sell for $5 if he wants.
    I found me some foam like he, and I going to make pogo stylus like he but I think it take me 3 minutes because he better pogo stylus maker then me.. I like his post because he teach me something good to have
    Am I the only one that was LMAO at CaptKirk's responses? That's damn funny right there!
    Nope you arent the only one I wasnt gonna say anything because im too PC and making fun of other people isnt nice

  5. #24
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    5201
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14
    Very nice DIY

  6. #25
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    5565
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    thanks for advice

  7. #26
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    5195
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hillview, Singapore
    Posts
    79
    Hi Starfire

    That was an incredibly informative video!

    Are there any other materials that we can use that are conductive?

    Styrofoam, sponge and rubber are definitely out of the equation.

    Just wondering if there are any conductive materials that are readily available around the home which we can make into a pogo stylus.

  8. #27
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    6367
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fantasy Island, BC
    Posts
    252
    7298.....got it. I can haz your bank card?

  9. #28
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    6630
    Liked
    22 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,189
    This is nice, but in my case I'll ask someone to do it for me!
    Fate is not by CHANCE but by CHOICE.

  10. #29
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    6018
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by starfire View Post
    My original intention was to make one and see if I liked it, then buy a pogo, but it works so well I don't need to.

    Sure Pogos aren't expensive but I bet most people think "Hmm... will I even like it and use it?" This is a way to find out for cheap and quick not having to wait for shipping and buying something you may not like.

    Also maybe for some people like me who are electronic hobbyists (www.starfiregraphics.net) they already have the foam around, just have to have a piece large enough like the size of a bic pen but a bit larger.

    Also there are different density foams, so you can try out other types and see how they work, and you can always replace the tip after a lot of use!
    I really want a stylus, and thought this looked like a great idea. Still do, however, I went to my Radio Shack and tried to buy an IC chip so I could get the foam. Cheapest chip that had the foam was $8, and I'm not sure the foam on that one was big enough. The less expensive chips didn't have the foam. The foam that looked better was on a much more expensive chip. If you have the foam already, this looks like a great idea. If you have to buy the chip, to throw away, to get the foam, might as well buy the Pogo.

  11. #30
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    7235
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    27
    Now that is cool! I love to see new solutions that people come up with.


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Full size stylus
    By ritchdude in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 09:02 PM
  2. How to port or make an iPad website or web app
    By combs1945 in forum iPad FAQ
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM
  3. for make you waiting
    By IpadOne in forum iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 06:09 AM
  4. Make money with the iPad
    By iDan in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 02:10 PM

Search tags for this page

diy iphone stylus
,
diy stylus
,

how to make a pogo stylus

,

how to make a stylus for ipad

,

how to make an ipad stylus

,
how to make ipad stylus
,
ipad stylus singapore
,
iphone stylus diy
Click on a term to search for related topics.