Please feel free to move/delete this thread if it violates any rules of reposting or such.
I am planning to buy an iPad 2 (one of the strong contenders in my list in addition to Toshiba Tablet and Blackberry playbook) soon. Mostly going with Apple, thanks to this forum.
I am struggling a lot to understand the comments I have heard on AT&T vs Verizon models. Can someone please answer if these things are true or false with reasoning?
1) Verizon iPad 2 can't be used outside of the USA on 3G because it is an outdated technology.
2) Verizon iPad 2 is quicker in establishing the connection but is overall slow (NY, NJ, MA, IL states) - whereas AT&T is like 0 mph or 100 mph depending on spots. It's very fast when it works, and practically non-existing when it does not (less than 5 bars). This is 50/50 for ATT.
3) There are repetitive activation fees on Verizon wireless if you decide to stop 3G service and start again after say, 6 months.
4) Verizon is overall economical if you want to stay between 1 GB and 2GB range. AT&T is cheaper if you want to stay under 1GB.
5) You can buy any iPad and use it with any service outside of USA.
I understand that 'speeds' is a very subjective issue. But I have posted the states that matter to me the most, major cities in the states, of course. Any opinions are greatly appreciated. I am technically quite sound, but have a hard time understanding the aforementioned jargons in telecom.