I work for a non-profit health-related organization and as a result, am looking for a low cost or free app to do data collection.
We work with people who have disabilities, and train them to get jobs. As a result, we teach them various jobs and activities, and collect information on how they are doing, for example, how many items they can pack in a box for a specific amount of time.
Currently, we manually collect this information on paper forms, then enter that information into an Excel spreadsheet. This is very time consuming and labor intensive. We would like to automate the collection process by using donated ipads, and then transferring that information to the spreadsheet over wi-fi.
Here are my requirement...
1. We cannot afford to pay a large up front amount, and we do not want to have a recurring subscription cost.
2. We want to be able to design/install a custom form on the ipad, collect data, then transfer the data, over wi-fi, to an Excel spreadsheet on a PC.
3. The form would need to handle text fields, numeric fields, start and stop times.
4. We do not want to use any hosted service, or cloud based service.
5. We do not want to use the internet at all for any portion of this process. We just want to communicate between the iPads and a PC.
I have researched various products, but they either require a monthly/annual subscription, a large up-front purchase, or a hosted/cloud-based service.
Can anyone tell me if there are any apps available that would allow us to do what we are trying to do?