Rockstar isn't doing anything to support this. See the paste from my ticket:
This is a follow-up to your previous request #470903 "GTA 3 not loading on IOS 6 ..."
I now have the iPad 4 with IOS 6.01. Even with no other apps in the background, the game fails to load.
Are you planning on fixing this, or have you abandoned support for the game?
Five days later, I get this crap:
If you are having issues with a particular game we would recommend checking to ensure you have the latest firmware for your device.
To first of all find out what version you are currently running, do the following:
- Press the Home button to return to the Home Screen.
- Select Settings > General > About.
- The software version of your device will be listed on this screen.
If your device needs to be updated, complete the steps below:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed (Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now) and running before attempting to update.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Select your device when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
- Select the Summary tab.
- Click Check for Update
After the device is up to date, check to see if your issue is resolved.
Give me a break with this form letter!
Here is my reply:
- I am using the latest firmware - IOS 6.01 on My Ipad 4.
The device is up to date, and I just restarted the iPad. GTA3 still refuses to load.
The issue is unresolved.
I then added this to the ticket, to try to avoid their next anticipated response.
- I also deleted and re-loaded the app. It still refuses to load.
I solve computer problems for a living and can't stand this type of treatment. If I don't know what is wrong and am not sure if or when I will resolve it, I tell that to the user.