Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

I am looking for a day planner app

This is a discussion on I am looking for a day planner app within the iPad Apps forums, part of the iPad App Store category; I had look through many website, but just couldn't find the one I want. I am not sure if something like this exist, but I ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    181729
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2

    I am looking for a day planner app

    I had look through many website, but just couldn't find the one I want.
    I am not sure if something like this exist, but I want a day planner app that is something like this I am looking for a day planner app-xudts.gif.

    So if I want to record something on Monday, I will just have to touch the area below '4 Monday' then type straight on it.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    There are a number of apps that you may want to look at.....Pocket Informant, SmartPad, Opus Domini.......and the list goes on. See what you think and let us know (I have all of these and others so if you have questions please ask).

    The Archangel

  4. #3
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    181729
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
    There are a number of apps that you may want to look at.....Pocket Informant, SmartPad, Opus Domini.......and the list goes on. See what you think and let us know (I have all of these and others so if you have questions please ask).

    The Archangel
    Thanks for your recommendation.

    It seems like all this app doesn't allow you to type directly onto the page, if I want to add something I will have to 'add an event' and this is not what i want.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by unknowkun

    Thanks for your recommendation.

    It seems like all this app doesn't allow you to type directly onto the page, if I want to add something I will have to 'add an event' and this is not what i want.
    In that case I'm all out of ideas. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

    The Archangel

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    29345
    Liked
    55 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Penarth, Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,996
    I want exactly the same thing!

    The closest I've found, and love to use is an app called 'planner'

  7. #6
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    25538
    Liked
    16 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    118
    I was looking for one also, making the transition to try and do everything on my iPad and get ride of all my paper notebooks laying around and day planners etc. After trying many I actually use Noteshelf. They have a pack of planning papers in there and I have my planner (along with several other notebooks) set up with monthly sheets, weekly sheets, insert a page for notes here and there if/when I need to and you can write directly on it. I know it's not pre-dated but I figure I'm in there writing my stuff down anyways I can take a couple seconds and jot the dates in. This has been the best set up so far, that I have found, for me anyways. Good luck!

  8. #7
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    169385
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4
    Having tried quite a few apps the one I've settled on is 'Organizer HD'. It offers the features you're looking for as well as quite a few more... Typing directly on the page to create a new appointment, To Do List, Notes, Voice Notes and handwriting to name a few. It also syncs with Google so I can view and edit everything on my laptop and desktop etc.

  9. #8
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    183903
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MusikMan View Post
    Having tried quite a few apps the one I've settled on is 'Organizer HD'. It offers the features you're looking for as well as quite a few more... Typing directly on the page to create a new appointment, To Do List, Notes, Voice Notes and handwriting to name a few. It also syncs with Google so I can view and edit everything on my laptop and desktop etc.
    Hi MusikMan
    I will like to ask you ... When you use Organizer HD and you do handwriting on the app; how does the handwriting reflects or syncs to google calendar? Does this type of note even sync to google. Or you just keep this notes for yourself in your iPad ??
    Something else I understood you use this app in your iPad but do you know if the iPad app syncs with the iPhone app?? Or it just syncs through google calendar. Therefore your handwritten notes will be only kept in wherever you did these???
    Please give me more feedback. The more the better!!!!!
    Thanks !

  10. #9
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    169385
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4
    Hi anaranjador

    Unfortunately notes, including handwriting, do not sync as this is limted only to calendar entries and tasks. The app can sync using ical so syncing between iPhone and iPad is possible. I myself have not used this function as I only have an iPad and no iPhone. I do have an android phone which is why Google sync works for me.

    This is the main outline of features:

    Organizer is a productivity app for the iPhone and iPod Touch, while Organizer HD is its larger iPad counterpart. Although “Google Calendar™ support” is mentioned, both these apps sync seamlessly with iCal. Not all calendar apps offer iCal syncing, however. This spells a big win for Organizer.
    Of course, due to the iPad’s larger screen area, Organizer HD is much more enjoyable to work with than its smaller cousin, especially since you can use it in landscape mode. Small differences aside, both apps offer similar features and are extremely easy to use. A single tap on the screen will reveal a navigation menu, while tapping the screen twice will display the editing menu. Several tools will enable you to insert text, events, maps, pictures, smilies and other emojis, draw lines or shapes in various colors, and include contact details from your address book. Additionally, you can make and play voice memos. There are also editing functions that will let you cut, paste, zoom, and rotate objects.


    Organizer HD allows you to view your calendar by day, week, month, or as a list. More options are accessible outside the app, under your device Settings. You can customize the look of your organizer by selecting your choice of paper color and size, as well as design (lines, grid, or blank paper). One useful function allows you to roll over unfinished to-dos. And if privacy is a concern, you can activate a password lock. There’s a whole host of other options. For instance, those who are addicted to tweeting can enable Twitter integration. Google Calendar and iCal import options are also available within these settings.

    Even though I have had Organizer HD for a few weeks I still haven't used all of it's functions. Those I have used work perfectly.

  11. #10
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    186880
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by j joy j View Post
    I was looking for one also, making the transition to try and do everything on my iPad and get ride of all my paper notebooks laying around and day planners etc. After trying many I actually use Noteshelf. They have a pack of planning papers in there and I have my planner (along with several other notebooks) set up with monthly sheets, weekly sheets, insert a page for notes here and there if/when I need to and you can write directly on it. I know it's not pre-dated but I figure I'm in there writing my stuff down anyways I can take a couple seconds and jot the dates in. This has been the best set up so far, that I have found, for me anyways. Good luck!
    I'm trying to do this at the moment. However, I'm having nothing but trouble trying to write on the iPad with my Bamboo stylus. Can you tell me what type of stylus you are using with this app and how it works?

    Thanks,
    GT


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Wedding Planner for iPad
    By Temp63 in forum iPad App Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 04:06 AM
  2. floor planner
    By thebudgetarchitect in forum iPad at Work
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 10:47 PM
  3. Employee holiday planner app
    By alunwill in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 09:14 AM
  4. Have you tried this wedding planner app?
    By Peterson in forum iPad App Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 05:26 AM

Search tags for this page

best daily planner app

,

best daily planner app for ipad

,

best day planner app

,
best day planner for ipad
,
best ipad day planner app
,
best planner app for ipad
,
daily planner book
,
search is there a calendar app 2014 calendar that i can write on
Click on a term to search for related topics.