Help Please: I Need An App that will...
This is a discussion on Help Please: I Need An App that will... within the iPad Apps forums, part of the iPad App Store category; ....convert my church's pictorial directory into an interfacable (for lack of a better word) application. Here is what I need:
1. I have a pictorial ...
Help Please: I Need An App that will...
....convert my church's pictorial directory into an interfacable (for lack of a better word) application. Here is what I need:
1. I have a pictorial directory with a lot of members photos. I want to be able to press on a photo and bring up that member's information such as their address, telephone #, email.
2. I want to be able to send an email when I press on the member's posted email.
3. I want to be able to update that member's information, for example, being able to add that member's birthday, and being reminded by the app when their birthday arrives.
4. I want to be able to add a new photo when a new member joins the church and then be able to add their data with the photo and have the church's database updated with the information.
5. I want to update photo and data when information indicates a change is required for the member.
6. I want a category called "friends" of the church being able to upload their information.
Nice to have: 7. When I click on a telephone # in the directory, my iPhone will call them.
Nice to have: 8. I want this app available on Android systems too.
My church has an initiative that encourages its members to think 'green'--we recycle and we try to think of alternatives to using paper and other physical resources that end up in landfills. Having an app like this one will start us on the way to not printing off a 30page book with pictures, etc. on an annual basis.
I'm also trying to figure out how we can make our church bulletins electronically provided like ebooks. This app would enable a worshiper to click on links such as Bible versus, and the scripture is pulled into view OR click on a Hymn Page and the Hymn pulls into view.
Please contact me if you are able to help me develop an app that will meet these requirements. There will be some development money available. Thank you.
Last edited by MattIM; 02-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.
02-18-2012 09:16 AM
The majority of your points can be done using the app 'bento'.
As for the periodicals, I've always sent out PDF file to my clients - they're electronic, multiple paged, contain whatever pics I decide, have as many clickable links as needed etc etc. PDF files are easily creative via numerous apps.
Thank you for your suggestions...but buying an app or using already existing apps does not fit my criteria. I'm trying to get members to buy into the idea of using technology to enhance their church experience. Requiring them to buy an app so they can pull the file into their existing app requires too much effort.
Surely there is a way to create an app that takes advantage of the iPad's simplicity of point and launch...you press a photo and you get the person's data. Press their email address and you get an email page.
When you have a congregation of over 800 members of all ages, it is too difficult to get all of these individuals to learn how to use already existing techology. But if an app can be created that would do these simple tasks, requires no training, and easily (free) attainable...now that's an app!
I want to know when you figure that out. I have downloaded the simplified form of our directory...facts online, through the Kindle app. It is a PDF file, but i would certainly like the idea of being able to just tap and have all the info available.
Search tags for this page
apple apps for data convert to pictorial
apple ipad apps church
create a pictorial directory app android
develop ipad apps for church
i need a app that
i need an app for
i need an app for my church
i want an app for my church
Click on a term to search for related topics.