Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

TuneIn car mode

This is a discussion on TuneIn car mode within the iPad Apps forums, part of the iPad App Store category; Originally Posted by jwt873 Car mode supposedly changes the buttons to an extra large size to make it easy to operate TuneIn when you're driving.. ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: TuneIn car mode

  1. #11
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1456 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,070
    Quote Originally Posted by jwt873 View Post
    Car mode supposedly changes the buttons to an extra large size to make it easy to operate TuneIn when you're driving..

    I got a reply back from them regarding being unable to find the buttons today.. Here it is:

    "Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. You may want to try
    restarting your device by holding down the top button for 5 seconds and
    then pressing it down again to restart. You can also try deleting and
    re-downloading the app. This will be a free download as long as you use
    the same iTunes account you used to purchase it."


    I rebooted my iPad, but still can't find the car mode option.. I'm not in the mood to remove and reload the app right now so I can't comment if that works or not..
    Well, TBH - they are definitely not helpful. I deleted the app (TuneinRadio Pro) and reinstalled it. Still no car mode option (I am assuming it would be in the settings portion of the app as is the one for the iPhone).

    I give up. I don't think that it is included in the iPad version ... and I don't think the person who e-mailed you has a clue. Now that I have the iPhone, the iPad doesn't leave the house anyway... but still!

    Maybe it'll appear for you if you delete and then reinstall it? Maybe it's just me. Thanks for asking the developers, though.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    14699
    Liked
    15 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woodlands MB, Canada
    Posts
    392
    Hmm.... Perhaps if more people asked about this car mode thing they might come out with a fix.. If anyone has time to send TuneIn a quick message, click here ---> Contact Us <--- This link will take you to the TuneIn feedback form on their website.. From there, it's easy to send them a quick message asking how car mode is supposed to work. Perhaps if enough people ask, they might do something about it.

    The reason I'm so interested is that I DO use the iPad and TuneIn quite often when I'm in the car and think this would be a great addition to the app (If it worked ).

  4. #13
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by jwt873 View Post
    Hmm.... Perhaps if more people asked about this car mode thing they might come out with a fix.. If anyone has time to send TuneIn a quick message, click here ---> Contact Us <--- This link will take you to the TuneIn feedback form on their website.. From there, it's easy to send them a quick message asking how car mode is supposed to work. Perhaps if enough people ask, they might do something about it.

    The reason I'm so interested is that I DO use the iPad and TuneIn quite often when I'm in the car and think this would be a great addition to the app (If it worked ).
    I emailed TuneIn yesterday. Haven't heard back.

    I saw people on another forum asking the same thing.

  5. #14
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    14699
    Liked
    15 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woodlands MB, Canada
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    I emailed TuneIn yesterday. Haven't heard back.
    Great, thanks

  6. #15
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    167619
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1
    I did the same as Mickey and got the same (canned) response. Doesn't Apple crack down on app creators that claim features that they don't deliver?

  7. #16
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    6858
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    291
    I emailed them as well. I don't expect much, but maybe the repeated emails will make someone realize something is missing...

  8. #17
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    139556
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    I've just noticed this thread through browsing your great forum, I have Tune in on both iPad2 and iPhone4, I use the apps regularly on both devices however although I do drive regularly I have never even considered using the app whilst driving (not sure) but in the UK this may be against the law, having said that I have tested (at home) the problem users appear to be ranting on about: Car Mode can be selected via settings and would appear to provide a selection of the buttons (larger size) necessary for operation, and below the buttons there is an exit car mode button.
    My conclusion is that this feature is simply to provide bigger buttons in order to reduce concentration time necessary to alter station etc.

  9. #18
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by hughJ View Post
    I've just noticed this thread through browsing your great forum, I have Tune in on both iPad2 and iPhone4, I use the apps regularly on both devices however although I do drive regularly I have never even considered using the app whilst driving (not sure) but in the UK this may be against the law, having said that I have tested (at home) the problem users appear to be ranting on about: Car Mode can be selected via settings and would appear to provide a selection of the buttons (larger size) necessary for operation, and below the buttons there is an exit car mode button.
    My conclusion is that this feature is simply to provide bigger buttons in order to reduce concentration time necessary to alter station etc.
    I've not had trouble finding the iPhone car mode button in settings, and it doesn't sound like that's the problem for anyone else. The question is how to activate car mode on iPad when there is no option in settings that any of us can find despite Tunein's apparently useless or absent guidance.

  10. #19
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    139556
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay

    I've not had trouble finding the iPhone car mode button in settings, and it doesn't sound like that's the problem for anyone else. The question is how to activate car mode on iPad when there is no option in settings that any of us can find despite Tunein's apparently useless or absent guidance.
    Ok kkk, you have highlighted the issue is with iPad only, I personally find that the Tunein app is designed and supported to a far greater standard than most apps available presently, Im confused as to why you want to use the iPad to access radio while driving, I'm also not sure what you mean by "apparently useless or absent" in your description of there guidance in response, perhaps it wasn't clear to support that the issue in question was specific to iPad and not iPhone.
    I'm sure many iPhone users have there handsets connected in some way in-car, justifying the need for car-mode on the iPhone version of the Tunein app.
    The iPad version probably wasn't considered to be necessary for obvious reasons.
    However I may have got it wrong and if so I apologise, I'm working on the principle of common sense, thats all.

  11. #20
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by hughJ View Post
    Ok kkk, you have highlighted the issue is with iPad only, I personally find that the Tunein app is designed and supported to a far greater standard than most apps available presently, Im confused as to why you want to use the iPad to access radio while driving, I'm also not sure what you mean by "apparently useless or absent" in your description of there guidance in response, perhaps it wasn't clear to support that the issue in question was specific to iPad and not iPhone.
    I'm sure many iPhone users have there handsets connected in some way in-car, justifying the need for car-mode on the iPhone version of the Tunein app.
    The iPad version probably wasn't considered to be necessary for obvious reasons.
    However I may have got it wrong and if so I apologise, I'm working on the principle of common sense, thats all.
    Car mode is described in the iPad app summary in the app store, and TuneIn has emailed useless guidance to at least one person on this thread and hasn't answered others who've emailed. Please reread the thread if necessary. Common sense tells me that not everyone with an iPad also has an iPhone.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 07:30 AM
  2. Tunein radio
    By JAMESSTAR in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 10:08 PM
  3. Tunein radio
    By JAMESSTAR in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
  4. TuneIn Radio
    By waggs in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 05:12 AM
  5. Record in TuneIn Pro problem
    By PxDx in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 01:02 AM

Search tags for this page

in tunein radio, on my iphone, what does car mode mean
,

ipad car mode

,
iphone 4 car mode
,
tune in radio car mode
,
tune in radio car mode iphone
,
tunein car mode
,
tunein car mode ipad
,
tunein radio car mode
Click on a term to search for related topics.