Can someone advise to what extent Pages is compatible with Word 2007?
I understand there will be definitely some formatting loss but what are those formats?
I am mostly interested in following
- general bold,italics, underline - I guess that will be preserved
- font style (color, size) - I guess that will be preserved
- paragraph style i.e. if a word is defined as Heading 1 in Word, when opened in Pages and saved and re-opened in Word, will Word still recognize that word as Heading 1?
- Outline numbering e.g. 1.1, 1.1.1 etc.
- header/footer/page number
- bulleted lists
- table of contents
- page break/page layout (e.g. A4, legal, letter etc.)
Currently I work with Office 2 HD and it screws up formatting pretty much anything other than bog standard rich text formatting (and there is no concept of page layout!)
I wonder whether Pages will be a good alternative.