Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Best flight tracking app?

This is a discussion on Best flight tracking app? within the iPad Apps forums, part of the iPad App Store category; What app would everyone recommend for tracking flights? I was looking at FlightTrack, is that one good? Are there any free apps? Thanks!...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    38210
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    93

    Best flight tracking app?

    What app would everyone recommend for tracking flights? I was looking at FlightTrack, is that one good? Are there any free apps?

    Thanks!
    64GB wifi iPad 2 - black
    iPhone 4

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    44463
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    89
    I'm also quite interested in this, but there doesn't seem to be any flight tracking apps for England, they all seem to be for the US
    DANIEL BRINDLEY


  4. #3
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    44796
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Brindley View Post
    I'm also quite interested in this, but there doesn't seem to be any flight tracking apps for England, they all seem to be for the US
    I have purchased Kayak Pro which is just a $1 but is definitely worth more than that. It does what is says. Edit: PS. I purchased this app when I bought my iPhone so there isn't an iPad version yet, it still works though.
    Last edited by Bluray; 04-09-2011 at 12:24 AM.

  5. #4
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    41827
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    28
    Flight track pro is the best app in this category IMO.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  6. #5
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    12657
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Area DM51
    Posts
    669
    Hate to say it, but the most useful free ones are the actual airport and airline websites. They give you the most up-to-date info on a flight, with latest arrival/departure times, gate #s etc. If you want one of those gimmicky apps with a map showing where it thinks the plane is, then you are looking for something different, but otherwise you are going to get incomplete info and intrusive popup ads with free apps.

  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    44463
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluray View Post
    I have purchased Kayak Pro which is just a $1 but is definitely worth more than that. It does what is says. Edit: PS. I purchased this app when I bought my iPhone so there isn't an iPad version yet, it still works though.
    It sounds good but you said you purchased it for $1? Would this not mean that it is an American app? Or does this work in England aswel?
    DANIEL BRINDLEY


  8. #7
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    44796
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Brindley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluray View Post
    I have purchased Kayak Pro which is just a $1 but is definitely worth more than that. It does what is says. Edit: PS. I purchased this app when I bought my iPhone so there isn't an iPad version yet, it still works though.
    It sounds good but you said you purchased it for $1? Would this not mean that it is an American app? Or does this work in England aswel?
    Yeh mate, I have a US iTunes account and I live in SA, not sure if it's available in the UK store. Do a search and check. The app will work anywhere in the world as it picks up all airports around the world.

    Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    44463
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluray View Post
    Yeh mate, I have a US iTunes account and I live in SA, not sure if it's available in the UK store. Do a search and check. The app will work anywhere in the world as it picks up all airports around the world.

    Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    Oh thanks, yes your right it is available in the english app store! That's great! Would be much better if they brought the app out for iPad aswel!
    DANIEL BRINDLEY


  10. #9
    iPF Super Guru
    Member #
    7401
    Liked
    8 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    Its not an app, but the best website is FlightAware - Flight Tracker / Flight Status / Flight Tracking

  11. #10
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    44445
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Flight track is only for commercial flights. The ETA is a wheels down time not gate arrival. They provide a flight status phone number for the airline which will give gate arrival time.


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. During a flight?
    By thegreatone3 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 11:26 PM
  2. Drawn: Dark Flight
    By Kealamae in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 10:25 PM
  3. In-Flight Weather
    By flyingmk in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
  4. Flight Control for the iPad
    By JohnnyApple in forum iPad Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 10:18 AM
  5. Tracking your iPad with Flight Aware
    By iDan in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 02:04 PM

Search tags for this page

best app for flight tracking
,
best flight tracker app
,

best flight tracker app for ipad

,
best flight tracker app ipad
,
best flight tracker ipad app
,
best flight tracking app for ipad
,
best ipad flight tracker
,
best ipad flight tracking app
Click on a term to search for related topics.