Hot Tip Multitasking App for iPad
from App Advice by Alexander Vaughn
As we’ve told you before
, Apple decided not to allow Dashboard apps on its iPad App Store shortly before the launch, apparently for “contradicting the iPad’s user experience”.
In short, it will still allow you to display and interact with two functions at a time by splitting the screen either vertically or horizontally. Very convenient if you’re writing an email for example and you’re looking to throw a couple links in there without having to leave the app.
Alright, it won’t let you do absolutely anything you want, but there are already a couple nice features:
With some more to come.
- Web Browser (featuring Visual Bookmarks)
- English Dictionary (powered by Wiktionary)
- Language Translator (46 languages)
- Currency Converter (60+ currencies)
- Maps (with Geolocation)
- Email Composer
- US Weather (location-enabled)
- Unit Converter (with +100 units)
- Device Stats (Memory and Disk)
Desktop is available on the App Store now, on sale for $0.99