Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Best Office App?

This is a discussion on Best Office App? within the iPad Apps forums, part of the iPad App Store category; Originally Posted by clemsondave Is it possible to use a stylus to make notes on a .doc or .xls with either of these apps? I ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
  1. #11
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    34795
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by clemsondave
    Is it possible to use a stylus to make notes on a .doc or .xls with either of these apps?

    I want to be able to show a customer a service agreement, add notes to it and then have them sign the document.
    I'm not sure about that. I convert my files to PDF and then annotate on the PDF. Maybe someone else know the answer.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPad Guru
    Member #
    30446
    Liked
    12 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Outside my iPad, or was it inside?
    Posts
    3,196
    Quote Originally Posted by clemsondave
    Is it possible to use a stylus to make notes on a .doc or .xls with either of these apps?

    I want to be able to show a customer a service agreement, add notes to it and then have them sign the document.
    As flttrainer mentioned, converting to PDF and then signing that is a good option. I am also not too sure, whether a signed word document would count as a legal contract. For signing and writing on PDF's, iAnnotate is a very good app.

  4. #13
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    34795
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by DontUnderstandMyIpad

    As flttrainer mentioned, converting to PDF and then signing that is a good option. I am also not too sure, whether a signed word document would count as a legal contract. For signing and writing on PDF's, iAnnotate is a very good app.
    +1 for iAnnotate. You can then email your document from the app. I use Save2PDF to convert the files to a PDF.

  5. #14
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    40551
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6
    I don't need to edit MS Office files just Google Docs. Is there a good app that will allow me to do that. Or should I splurge and get DTG Premium?

  6. #15
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    39535
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5

    Confirm sync capabilities

    Just to confirm, you can not only download files from dropbox and google docs, but you can sync back up to them as well? In reading the documentation it says you can pick them up from said services but there is no mention of syncing with them.

    Thanks,

    Tim

  7. #16
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    One of our members did a comprehensive review of Office apps for his company in this thread....


    http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member...31-hi-all.html

    Tim
    Scotland

  8. #17
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    39793
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oxford, MS
    Posts
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by demandarin

    yeah! This is a great forum. Taught myself everything i know about apple/ios/ipad from here and hands on. A great place to learn about your device and learn new tricks and features that you might have overlooked.

    Sent from my jailbroken ipad on 4.2.1 ;-)
    i absolutely concur.
    [COLOR="] If you don't know me by now, I will never ever ever leave Apple. [/COLOR]

  9. #18
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by flttrainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DontUnderstandMyIpad

    As flttrainer mentioned, converting to PDF and then signing that is a good option. I am also not too sure, whether a signed word document would count as a legal contract. For signing and writing on PDF's, iAnnotate is a very good app.
    +1 for iAnnotate. You can then email your document from the app. I use Save2PDF to convert the files to a PDF.
    Have a look at SignMyPad. It allows you to sign PDF documents and to integrate text boxes and radio buttons. It's been receiving great reviews from Forum members. You can 'flatten' the resulting PDF and email off the resulting document - say sending a copy of a signed invoice to a customer, on the spot.

    Tim
    Scotland

  10. #19
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    39793
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oxford, MS
    Posts
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN View Post
    One of our members did a comprehensive review of Office apps for his company in this thread....


    http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member...31-hi-all.html

    Tim
    Scotland
    It's extensive as a summary but not as in what syncs best. What offers google docs and drop box. These are the intregal questions. I see on DTG, it says specifically sync, but QuickO does not. Hypothetically, quick seems to have the better specs, but i need to be able to sync and overwrite files.

    Another question: which of these recognizes writepad files, not as pdf's but text files??
    [COLOR="] If you don't know me by now, I will never ever ever leave Apple. [/COLOR]

  11. #20
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    34795
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb201
    Just to confirm, you can not only download files from dropbox and google docs, but you can sync back up to them as well? In reading the documentation it says you can pick them up from said services but there is no mention of syncing with them.

    Thanks,

    Tim
    Don't know about google docs, but I do with dropbox all the time. I keep all my school stuff on it. I use it to access student grades, lectures, etc and then upload any changes. I can access all my docs from my iPad, iPhone, or home/work pc.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Ms office compatibility
    By Highbred8 in forum iWork Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 07:27 PM
  2. Help which app suitable for office?
    By gtg226 in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 05:07 AM
  3. MS office compatibility
    By katanella in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 02:38 PM
  4. Office apps
    By michali in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 01:37 AM
  5. Yet another Office app released
    By Matth3w in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM

Search tags for this page

best ipad app for office documents
,

best ipad office app

,
best off ice page 3
,
best office app
,

best office app for ipad

,
best office app ipad
,
ipad best office app
,
office app
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread