I've been hunting around looking for a well generated list of apps that are excellent for students. So far all I've been able to do is come across a list of 10 basic apps that are, in my opinion, poor lists.
Hoping for members of the forum to contribute the different apps you use for class or other scenarios alike that have been useful.
I'll read all posts as much as I can and add the different apps to the list! Post the app name, the cost, and a brief review of the app!
- Pages - $9.99: Pages is the word processor for Mac and has been redesigned for the iPad. With this app you can type essays, create brochures, flyers, reports, and more. You are able to export and save your finished product in a variety of different forms - including .docx format. This is an essential program for just about anyone and is perfect for taking notes in class, during lectures, or in meetings.
- Things - $19.99: This proves to be a big convenience for students who need to remember scores of activities, meetings, lectures and sessions they may have enrolled for. For students who don't have a busy schedule, this probably wouldn't be worth the $20 you would be spending on it.
- Dropbox - Free: With Dropbox you can easily transfer documents, pictures, videos, and more between your computer and iPad by simply drag and dropping. You get 2GB of free storage and are able to get up to 8GB by referring members. The computer installation is quick and easy and all the files you put in there automatically upload to the server and are accessible from wherever by simply logging into your account!
- Penultimate - $1.99: Perfect app if you prefer to write in a notebook but store it digitally. You're able to keep individual notebooks for each class, project or whatever your needs are. With this, you can write and take notes and not have to worry about carrying a textbook around that is vulnerable to damage.
- Evernote - Free:: An amazing app for note taking. Although I don't like this app as much as OneNote for PC, but it has one major advantage, portability. You can access your Evernote from nearly any smartphone and anything with internet!