Let's start a thread about the first applications people plan on installing and why. Here is my list:
1) The Elements - Yes, it is pricey, but I am a science major and I look forward to the functionality of this application. It might actually make learning entertaining.
2) iPDF Reader - It was the only free PDF reader that I saw for the ipad.
3) Kindle - I've had a kindle since it came out, I want to keep my library of books. I will probably continue purchasing through this. I figure Kindle books I will be able to read on the iPad and future Kindles, but with iBook, I will be locked down to only one device.
4) iBook - Incase it has functionality that Kindle does not have.
5) Netflix - Obvious reasons
6) ABC Player - Same as above
7) Dictionary.com - I like using words correctly.
8) Isocards - I needed at least one game...