Kingdom Age: Tips and Tricks
The key strategies summarized as following:
1. DO NOT level too fast
2. DO add every skill points on Hero Strength, despite saving a few for Stamina
3. Farm weapons and armors, do not buy them (unless you are generously buying in-game gems and coins with real money)
4. DO NOT add too many allies
For Advice 1 and 4:
The Battle List, where you pick your rivals and they find you, is working on a "equality-based" mechanism. That is, one always meet rivals with similar level and alliance number. A level 10 player with 40 allies could have all his buildings upgraded to level 3+ and a troop of 100+ advanced soldiers. But he could also be a noob with a small messed up army. And they would meet.
If you already added too many allies, remove some. (But not too much, or your will be surrounded by real nerds instead of meet lonely newbies.)
For Advice 3:
Every unit of your army could wear one weapon and one armor. Considering the size of an army increases fairly fast, buying them with coins is not a wise option. Killing goblins at the first map gives a very high drop rate of sword/armor sold at the price of ~10 coins. Later maps get better loot.
For Advice 2:
You gain XP every strike you hit on any monsters. Thus the more damage you do per hit, the less hit you would need to finish a monster, and the less XP you gain.
This is even more important if you need to farm for your army equipment.
Enough stamina is a must, and too much is a waste. From my personal point of view: 1/3 of level <stamina< 1/2 of level i.e. a level 10 player should have 3-5 stamina.
In addition to Advice 1:
Always try to buy the more advanced units, and do avoid the delicate ones.
Consolidated Advice (many sourcs and playing)
Consolidated advice (many sources and a week of playing intensely)
1. Gather a few buildings first off by playing through the quests and avoiding battle. Players who battle you are listed on the news page, so you can return to them later once you are built up.
2. Buy foot solders / pike men, get swords, and armor. Avoid the magical units if you can until you can afford robes because they are easily killed.
3. Level up your buildings. L1 to L2 doesn't take long, L2 to L3 for some takes several hours, and L3 to L4 takes many hours for several buildings. Plan to upgrade later in the evening so that your longer upgrades work 'over night' or during the work day.
4. I really zero in on the rainbow hair in the attack list ... Just a thought.
5. Put up defense towers / bunkers as you expand, and level these up along with your bldgs. 'move' a building to see what it covers (covered bldgs turn blue).
6. You can do a lot of attacking biped types at the crossroads, and they tend to drop armor.
7. When spending skill points, always get 'stamina', up to a point. It is disappointing to get almost though a batter in some "map" location and run out of stamina. Later, it takes a lot of energy/stamina to defeat the enemies.
8. Avoid gathering allies until you are somewhat built up, and then do it slowly. From what I've read, the algorithm used to match players takes this into consideration.
9. Patience. This game benefits the player to has enough discipline / control to check hourly / half hour and gather gold. This isn't a 'quick game', like many other apps.
10. You *can* rearrange buildings, so don't 'expand' until you need to. After about 5 expansions they start costing a few thousand.
11. NEVER spend diamonds, and be VERY careful about new building and upgrades. Right after you build/upgrade there is a 'upgrade now' option which costs. I spent my own 15 bucks buying diamonds and gold, and wish I hadn't, because I ended up accidentally burning maybe 3.00 real dollars by tapping to quickly. You are much better off saving initial diamonds for advanced units.