Ipad Strategy Card Game - Heroes Blade
Hey guys, Heroes Blade for ipad was just re-released tonight and I am looking to see what everyone thinks about it.
I'm an admin for the game and just out lookin' for the public opinion of our game! We're a small company just trying out the ipad gaming world and hoping that we've made an entertaining game that people will enjoy. You can find it in the apple store or just head over to our website at heroesblade.com. Hope you enjoy the game if you check it out! :D thanks!!!
On to your questions and comments, Jason. :)
Originally Posted by jasonbrinks
Here we go.
1 - i addressed the orbs issue with you in the last email i sent, but the 3 orbs represent 3 different accounts/characters for you and a friend or bro or sis to play against each other. :)
2 - when i say future updates, i mean that fans will be able to have direct say in future cards. we will most-likely post a few minions and/or spell graphix up on the games website (along with the games forum we're working on) that you will be able to give us your feedback and suggestions on. we'll be doing some cool contests in a future update as well that will give our players a chance to have their likeness and/or name made into a minion for the game.
3 - thanks for the props and your thoughts on the game.
4 - let me start the "con's:" section by saying that this game is NOT finished. it is pretty much still a beta. the groundwork has been laid now were adding the stuff that we feel will be best for the game and our players.
- can't do much about the load times with graphix as good as ours. ;)
- we are currently working on a much more user friendly deck editor.
- we are currently expanding the tutorial and i am writing up a cool little FAQ for the heroesblade website that will explain a ton of things that aren't 100% clear at the beginning of the game. (open to suggestions here btw)
- card upgrades area will be included in the new and improved deck editor
- bugs are evil and we exterminate their malicious evil the moment someone tells us they've found one. :mad: if you find one PLEASE inform us immediately and we'll get right on it. we have taken care of every single bug reported to us as of version 1.04 (still may be some random bugs that ppl haven't written us about yet though).
- don't really know what you're looking for w/ the multi-tasking comment?
- graphix this good are expensive, animations that good would cost a first born child. if we get a ton of adds we MAY consider doing battle animations, but until then. sorry. we're just 2 dudes tryin' 2 make a really great game on a limited budget. lol. :P
- certain units were sort-of meant to be useless or better stated, as "not as useful in later stages of the game." the game will be balanced out with the addition of more cards. we aren't going to change cards very often unless they turn out just obscenely strong, we'll add new cards that are really great counters to the old powerful ones. speaking of which, we currently have a small group of new cards in the works. (the 1st expansion will probably have about 20-35 new minions and about a dozen new spells, but i'm not 100% sure about that just yet. we're still workin' on the graphix and code work for them).
- the game actually does have a back story, its just not been implemented just yet. we have a story/career mode kind of on the back-burner that we'll work on more as we get more players added and a bit more $ to work with for expansions. :)
- and about the "poor customer support" comment. i don't know what happened 2 the email responses i sent u the other day, but i know i wrote u back. :P ...now that i think about it, my partner said he didn't receive a few emails from me about a wk or so ago.... i dunno. anyway, the website is a work in progress 2 dude. lol. we're gonna add a player forum on the website in the future along with some other cool pages. maybe some random explosions and a motorcycle catching on fire or somethin' too? would that make u happy? lol
hope that helps. i answer every email that i get (takes me a day or sometimes though, b/c i have 3 jobs, a really hot and awesome wife and i play music all the time)... i'm a busy dude. :D holla!