Boss Fights?! WTH?!?!
So i was just doing some missions at the Drop Site, and all of a sudden this big warning comes up on my screen: CAUTION! EPIC ENEMY APPROACHING! Then this thing comes up telling me the enemy will dissapear in 2 hours so i choose "Fight On". Then we go into this 2D fighter looking screen where i can choose to attack him for free, for money or for gold. Attacked him for money and won a unit.
I know i've heard talk of bosses before but it's never happened. I'm level 57 and have been playing for a couple of months.
How are these triggered? How many are there? Anyone have some info on them?
These bosses appear several times. I'm at level 115 and I've seen the Boss Battles about 4-5 times. I just battled Colonel Steele (called "BEAT THE ELITE"). These Boss Battles promise if you beat him 35 times you get some type of Tank. However, unless you spend lots of gold, I don't think you can win more than 14-15 times.
1. The Boss appears sort of at random and seems to alternate between Events where you collect and unpack items for Bonus Units. They seem to appear when you attack something during a Mission.
2. The first few times you see Boss, you can pretty much beat it with just free attempts or a combination of a few pay and a few free attacks
3. At later levels 10-14 you need to basically spend money to beat the Boss. You will get a cash bonus when you win, based on what level you're at (i.e., I got $600,000 at level 14) so that defrays the cost of paying to fight.
4. You get rewarded for each battle you win with a Bonus Unit. The splash screen shows you very enticing units with Attack/Defend scores in the hundreds, however those are "rare" units, that you get less than 10% of the time. In 14 battles, I got one rare unit, five uncommon units and eight common units. Click on the small question mark where it says "And Other Prizes" to see what these units are and what youíre really going to get. I got my Rare Unit on my 3rd or 4th attempt, so I think the prize distribution is truly random.
5. I think you have 35 attempts, and then the Boss Battle stops running, and then you're probably qued up for the next Event thing to collect boxes. One BAD THING is, when you're still in the Boss Battle, awaiting a new attempt, be VERY CAREFUL with doing a mission. Several times, I won a mission, and just as the thing was dispensing cash, the Boss Battle began and the money sort of disappeared.
Here's some tips:
1. Use the Free Attempt as much as you can and fight the Boss each time to win nice units that are INDESTRUCTABLE.
2. You have two hours to beat him. You will slowly regain health, so you might have to stretch it out, say attack every 20-30 minutes to beat him at higher levels.
3. Pay attention to the event timer. At level 14, I had to wait 30 minutes for my health to recover a bit each time, then with one minute left, I did the final battle, fighting three times, at a cost of $450,000 ($150,000 x 3 attempts) to finally defeat him for the 14th time. After that I decided it was impossible without using gold and simply not worth the cost. To win the 14th battle, it cost me about $1,200,000 about 8 attempts. I did get a $600,000 cash bonus and a lame common unit, so the true cost was about $600,000.
4. If you have just beaten a Boss and are at low health, and want to fight again, do not do a "Mission" or fight anyone. If a Boss battle begins again, you'll start at your current health, which might be 5-10%. Donít fight or do anything other than collect money for a few hours so you will start at full health for the next fight.
5. You can use Gold for a FORCE ATTACK, pay money, or do the free attack. You can also use Gold to "recover" your health. I've never used Gold, so I'm not sure how well that works. I've been able to defeat the Boss up to 14 times without using gold, and the only way I can see winning 35 times is by using gold for FORCE ATTACKS and recover health. If you're going to use gold, then just buy comparable units outright.
I echo most of what Ranger says. A couple points.
In the current game, it is possible to get an "easy" boss that dies with one hit. So it is worth taking a shot or two just in case. I read it on another forum and thought it was BS but I got one at about level 20/25.
I killed 23 and then opted out. I think they suck you in hoping you become so invested in winning the super ginormous awesome mega tank you will spend your kids lunch money on the gold I bet it takes to kill the last one. I came up with a system of picking boss fights just before leveling up, this maximizes your # of cash attacks in the 2 hour window. A lot of my kills required me to spend 20 gold for the kill, NOT by buying the gold attack but by fighting til death, burn the 20, get ~5 more cash hits to finish him off. In case you are wondering gold attack does not just kill him, ie it offers an advantage over the cash similar to the advantage cash offers over free, ie more damage to the boss for the damage you suffer.
This game will eat your cash. Argument could be made for saving it, but I am paranoid about being raided and don't like to sit on cash. And would rather spend it getting indestructible units vs buying 15 drones that die.
Similar response RE ranger's observation about just saving the gold to buy "comparable unit." I think I got 7 good units, eg secret jet A74 D106, which collectively are better than what you could get with all the gold, plus you are spending it in 20 gold installments.
This is normal if there is a boss fight event going on. This was probably your first time seeing one. After level 15 their impossible without gold.
I just started playing modern war but I've been playing crime city for a while and these events happen quite often, so much i've lost count of how many bosses i've had to fight but can never get passed level 10 using cash attack. Impossible without gold from then on.
I just hit LV 151.... Why is the boss so hard to beat? I can not get past LV5 BOSS?
I can even pass like level 3 *** !