In answer to many iOS user's search for a handy and economical tool for measuring distances
and areas, MODERATOR EDIT: NO EXTERNAL LINKS announces the release of the Area - Distance software application for use on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. This app distinguishes itself from other similar apps by providing a way to digitize points, lines and areas to a hairline on the built-in Map. For example, the users will be able to trace out the property boundaries closely and obtain highly accurate area measurements; fat finger tips will no longer be a problem.
The Area - Distance app will let the users perform the following tasks:
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas and save them as Features.
* View position, length and area values for the saved Features.
* Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* Create a Point by entering its coordinates.
* Create Points from an imported text file.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Search a location by address or by coordinates.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
* Email the job data files and the PDF files.
This app is now available at the App Store and it comes with a detailed built-in help document.