ShotList was released yesterday on the App Store, and provides a fantastic way for filmmakers of all abilities to plan out film and video shoots, right on their mobile device, and to track progress throughout the day of the shoot.
The new app brings the “Production Strip Board” system used for many years in the film industry to mobile devices for the first time, allowing the planning and tracking of every scene of a shoot as it happens.
Filmmakers can enter as much or as little information into the app as they want. It could simply be a series of shot numbers and storyboard frames, or all of the detail which would usually be pulled from a script and entered into a production strip board system as part of the scheduling process. This powerful pocket-sized tool lets filmmakers react and respond quickly to on-the-day challenges, such as weather conditions or issues with locations or cast.
ShotList enables filmmakers to:
- Track and schedule scripted drama, commercial shoots, radio production or videogame motion capture shoots.
- Add, edit, delete or re-order scenes freely across multiple shooting days – with instant updating of the total number of script pages to be shot each day.
Each scene can be clearly marked as “To Do”, “Delay”, “Cut” or “Done” as you shoot, ensuring a vital scene is not missed.
- View up to 6 storyboard frames per scene for instant recall. Each frame can be marked off as it is completed.
- Store hotlinked notes for each scene, for instant dial of relevant phone numbers or access to web addresses (such as location information, or train or tide timetables).
- Keep everyone informed by emailing the latest “one-line schedule”, or exchanging updated project files with other ShotList users on your team using Dropbox™.
Peter Johnson, Founder Soluble Apps: “When a colleague went to start work as 1st AD on a feature, we were amazed to find that there was nothing at all available on the App Store like this. Shotlist is the first app to provide what every filmmaker needs to track a scripted shoot on the go.“
Roxy Bramley, Creative Manager, Northern Film & Media: “Shotlist provides a low cost, portable, digital shot-tracking solution for filmmakers. The app potentially has a global professional market and we were keen to support Peter in developing this practical, commercial product.”
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_J8QhDSCXo] YouTube Video[/ame]
ShotList works with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and is available now on the App Store at a launch price of $29.99 (£17.99).
About Soluble Apps
Soluble Applications is a development studio targeting mobile devices. The studio was founded in Newcastle Upon Tyne in 2010 by Peter Johnson, a games industry veteran with over 25 years’ experience as a Programmer, Producer and Studio Head working on computer and console titles for world-leading games publishers including 2K Games, Atari and Ubisoft.
Soluble’s main product to-date has been their unique group email solution, “MailShot”, the only app to build this feature right into the iPhone address book so it can be used directly from almost any other app.