My OCEAN: A Free Game Coming out this September
This is a discussion on My OCEAN: A Free Game Coming out this September within the iPad App Announcements forums, part of the iPad Apps category; Hey iPad Forum Guys and Girls!
Yes, you guessed it. In honor of all you Aquarium Junkies and Fish Lovers out there I ...
Hey iPad Forum Guys and Girls!
Yes, you guessed it. In honor of all you Aquarium Junkies and Fish Lovers out there I bring you "MY OCEAN"!!
A Free/Freemium game due out in SEPTEMBER.
So our crafty programmers here at Digital Play have cooked up a great Social/Casual Game focused on breeding fish and MANY other sea creatures (including wide varieties of reef fish, mantas, stingrays, seahoreses, sea turtles, sharks, whales sharks, dolphins, etc). Though sadly, for those of us, I mean, those of you, with Little Mermaid fetishes, there won't be any of the sexier aquatic friends to play with.
What we have worked hard on doing is setting ourselves apart from the other fish/breeding games out there by really giving you a fun game with GREAT 3D graphics in FULL HD and REALISTIC fish and sea creature movements and animations, not to mention dynamic and addictive gameplay!
Release Date and Platforms:
-September 2011 for iOS(iphone 3G and iPodTouch 3 Gen or newer) and Android (Android V2.2 "Froyo")
-September 2011 for Ipad and Android smart pads
-November for PC/MAC
-November for a downloadable screensaver featuring YOUR Aquarium or Ocean for you PC or MAC.
Here's a great time to plug our nifty Website:
Here are our first two videos:
EPISODE 1: Features "Fish Romance" aka, breeding fish:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEquUUrbuDs"]MY OCEAN Episode 1[/ame]
EPISODE 2: Shows the progression you can make from your first tiny aquarium to Massive aquariums with HUGE fish and sea creatures, all the way to your very own OCEAN that you can decorate to your hearts desire.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yww9afuq8A"]MY OCEAN Episode 2[/ame]
We are a small, relatively new company based out of Seoul, South Korea trying to make our mark in the competitive Casual/Social Gaming App world. Our mad developers have been locked up in their containment tanks, producing the best in Graphics, Game Mechanics and Social Gaming all set in the undersea world of Aquariums and Oceans (Don't worry, we throw them a few sardines at feeding time.)
We figured that farm animals, zoo animals and frogs have been done to death and the while there are a few fun aquarium/ocean themed games out there they tend to have dated cartoony graphics or unrealistic animations. So, since one of our top designers is a real world Aquarium Junkie/Guru we figured that a fish/sea creature breeding game with realistic graphics that lets you live out your Aquarium and Ocean fantasies would be a good bet and a lot of fun to boot. (No, no, there are no mermaids, this isn't THAT kind of game! Sorry guys... ).
Here's a whiff of what we've been cooking up:
1. Raising and Breeding: Start out raising and breeding a wide variety of fish and later all kinds of sea creatures, including sea horses, sharks, octopuses, whales eventually dolphins and turtles.
2. Build Your Collection: Raise these creatures in a tanks ranging from small to huge, breeding new animals to sell, give to friends as gifts and building a complete and diverse collection that you can show off to your friends.
3. Social Gaming: Share your success with your friends either by boasting about how awesome you are and how much they suck (Okay, that isn't nice, but it's SOOO FUN!) or you can be cool and give your friends fishy gifts of rare sea creatures and help them by cleaning their tanks or feeding their fish. Don't you feel better about yourself now?
4. Bigger and Better: Next, you can release your creatures into your very own OCEAN! or more accurately......."MY OCEAN". Okay, okay, you saw that one coming, but seriously you can have your very own Ocean stocked with any sea creatures you want. Yeah are you thinking what I'm thinking? SHARK OCEAN!
5. Create and Decorate: Last but not least we allow you to fully decorate both your aquariums and your undersea world with various themes. Stick with the traditional seascapes of coral reefs or go for a touch of mystery with sunken ships, crashed planes, lost cities or even alien spaceships. The possibilities are endless.
Thanks guys, Drop me a line:
I'll leave you guys with that for now. If you guys have any feed back drop a line here or hit me up on Twitter or Facebook (you can access those on our website I posted further up next to the references to the mermaid with the great set of shells.)
-Nick the Digital Play Support Guy.
Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links
Last edited by scifan57; 04-24-2013 at 11:30 PM.
06-07-2011 01:57 PM
I can't wait!
Will you be able to interact with the creatures? Besides breeding and feeding?
Thanks for the interest.
Here is a bit of information about the various ways you can interact with your fish and sea creatures. Also I will let you guys know more as we get closer to the Beta Test in August.
Fish Interactions in My Ocean:
1. Feeding: Of course you can feed your fish
2. Breeding: When you have two fish of the same type who are both fully mature and fully happy you can have them breed.
3. Happiness: When you click on a fish to check it's information it's happiness rating will naturally increase.
4. Buy, Sell and Gift: You can buy fish, sell fish and give fish as gifts to your friends.
5. Moving fish around: You can move fish from one type of tank to another tank (you can have perhaps a dozen different tanks as well as your own Ocean.
6. Decorations for fish: You can buy some decorations that certain fish will interact with. For instance the Clown fish will hang out in the Sea Anemone.
7. Glow in the Dark:Currently we have one creature, a jelly fish, that glows in the dark. You can go into the light settings and turn off the light to see your jelly fish moving around in the dark (It's pretty cool). Plus you can change the lighting by adding different light filters or brightening or darkening the tank.
8. Calling your fish: You can hold your finger down and gradually all the fish will come to your finger.
9. Taking your fish for a walk: Once you have called your fish by holding your finger down you can drag your finger and the fish will follow your finger around the tank.
10. Keeping track of fish: If you want to look at individual fish you can hunt them down and click on them, but sometimes it's hard to find the exact fish you want so you can hit a fish icon that will bring up a menu that shows all your fish in that tank along with their maturity and happiness scores.
11. Shaking things up: You can eventually buy creatures like snails or starfish. They will crawl up the sides of the tank. You can shake them off by shaking your device and they will fall off and slowly drift back to the bottom of the tank.
12. Photo Op: Once you become really attached to your fish you can take photos of them and use them as a wallpaper background for your computer.
Speaking of photos, I will post some photos by the end of the week.
Nick at Digital Play
That looks really briliant, I am looking forward for it!
Also keep checking back in the next few weeks and I will be posting information about our up coming Beta Test.
I love this game but can not complete some quest due to not under standing how to play magic bubbles in friends oceans. I thought you would just pop the floating bubbles in their oceans but that's not working. I've sent an email to the maker of the game through the help section but no response so please so done explain. Thanks so much
By Prank Ltd in forum iPad App Announcements
Last Post: 09-29-2011, 05:00 AM
By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
Last Post: 07-11-2011, 12:11 PM
By omarmaris in forum iPad Games
Last Post: 02-22-2011, 06:11 PM
By Maura in forum Apple iPad News
Last Post: 08-28-2010, 09:06 AM
By iDan in forum Apple iPad News
Last Post: 05-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Search tags for this page
apps that let you breed animals
breeding games for ipad
free ipad ocean games
free link to my ocean game
ipad breeding games
my ocean app
my ocean free game
my ocean game
my ocean games
myocean game email change
Click on a term to search for related topics.