CMTINC.COM announces the release of the Forester GPS GIS software application for the Apple iPad. As many foresters already own an iPad, they can quickly benefit from GIS mapping technology by installing this affordable app on their device. This app will let small woodland owners, forest consultants and other natural resource management professionals easily create land boundaries by importing data in Shapefile or DXF format, by precise digitization or by entering deed calls. The users will be able to create a grid of cruise points over a timber stand for plot sampling or point sampling. The built-in angle gauge can be used for selecting the sample trees for point sampling. Basal Area per Acre for each point will be automatically computed from the recorded Tree Tally.
The Forester GPS GIS app is packed with many powerful software tools. Besides being able to record attribute information for each timber stand and each cruise point, the users will also be able to enter formulas to compute values derived from the recorded data. In conjunction with a compatible accurate GPS device, the Point Stakeout function can help the users locate the cruise points, and the Line Stakeout function can help them stay on a cruise line.
Like all the other apps from CMTINC.COM, this app does not require a data service plan to run.
Detailed Function List:
* Import the shapes from Shapefile or DXF file.
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
* Create a Line or an Area by entering Deed Calls.
* Move existing points or nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* View position, length and area values for the Features.
* Work with Metric and English units and BAF values.
* Create grid points or grid lines over an Area Feature.
* Use the built-in angle gauge to select trees for point cruise.
* Check borderline trees based on limiting distance calculation.
* Calculate the actual stem length of a leaning tree.
* Convert between horizontal distance and slope distance.
* Create multiple attribute tables (Feature Lists).
* Tag the Features with pre-defined Attribute/Values.
* Enter a formula for an Attribute based on other Attributes.
* View or edit Attribute Values in a spread-sheet display.
* Sub-divide an Area.
* Combine two adjacent Areas into one Area.
* Create buffer zones around a Line or Area Feature.
* Label the Features with ID and Attributes.
* Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Create a Point from the entered address or coordinates.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Use GPS to stake out Points or nodes on a Line or Area Feature.
* Use GPS to stake out a Line or Area boundary.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
* Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.