Farming GPS GIS is an iPad app for farmers and non-farmers alike to perform GIS mapping tasks on land features. The app will let the user easily create a farm tract, a timber tract or any other land parcel by importing data in Shapefile or DXF format, by precise digitization or by entering deed calls. The acreage and perimeter will be promptly computed.
The users will be able to easily divide or combine the land plots and record attribute information for each land plot. The users will also be able to enter formulas to compute values derived from the recorded data. For example, the yield per acre can be automatically calculated based on the yield for a farm plot and the acreage of the plot.
In conjunction with a compatible high-accuracy GPS device, the Point Stakeout function can help the user locate an old land mark, and the Line Stakeout function can help the user lay out a long fence or pipeline. Of course, you could as well use it to locate a treasure for geocaching.
Detailed Function List:
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
* Import the shapes from Shapefile or DXF file.
* Create a Line or an Area by entering Deed Calls .
* Create buffer zones around a Line or Area Feature.
* Create grid points or grid lines over an Area Feature.
* Label the Features with ID and Attributes .
* Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* View the position, length and area of the Features.
* Maintain multiple attribute tables (Feature Lists).
* Tag the Features with predefined Attribute/Values.
* Enter a formula for an Attribute based on other Attributes.
* View or edit Attribute Values in a spread-sheet display.
* Sub-divide an Area by Direction Cut, Hinge Cut or a digitized Split-Line.
* Combine two adjacent Areas into one Area.
* Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Create a Point from the entered address or coordinates.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Use GPS to go to and stake out Points or nodes on a Feature.
* Use GPS to stake out a Line or Area boundary.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Export Features in DXF format.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
* Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.
This app comes with a built-in help document. It was designed by CMTINC.COM and can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store.