Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

How to - Screen Protectors

This is a discussion on How to - Screen Protectors within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Ok. I apologize in advance if this is already common knowledge but I found a good trick for getting screen protectors on my ipad without ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPF Noob
    Member #

How to - Screen Protectors

Ok. I apologize in advance if this is already common knowledge but I found a good trick for getting screen protectors on my ipad without the little dust flakes underneath the protector. I don't have a problem with the bubbles. I can get those worked out but after literally a dozen screen protectors and never being happy with the results, I found a trick that helps me with my major pet peeve which is little dust flakes or hairs trapped on the screen underneath the protector.

I've always hated those little dust bits and they leave a permanent (well, until you remove the protector) reminder of how difficult it is to get these damned things on. You can use a lint roller or masking tape on the iPad screen to lift all the dust particles. It works a gazillion times better than those so called dust free cloths.

Use a

2. Ads

Fid
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    When I find a dust speck under the screen protector I peel up the screen protector to where the dust speck is and use scotch tape to remove the speck off of the protector. Then I lay the screen protector back down.
    Your idea of cleaning the screen with a link roller is interesting. I may try it next time.
    That upon which you dwell in the mind you become. - Lao Tsu
    iPad4 64GB, iPhone 4 - 32GB, iPhone 3GS 32GB (using as iPod)

iPad Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornburglar View Post
    Ok. I apologize in advance if this is already common knowledge but I found a good trick for getting screen protectors on my ipad without the little dust flakes underneath the protector. I don't have a problem with the bubbles. I can get those worked out but after literally a dozen screen protectors and never being happy with the results, I found a trick that helps me with my major pet peeve which is little dust flakes or hairs trapped on the screen underneath the protector.

I've always hated those little dust bits and they leave a permanent (well, until you remove the protector) reminder of how difficult it is to get these damned things on. You can use a lint roller or masking tape on the iPad screen to lift all the dust particles. It works a gazillion times better than those so called dust free cloths.

Use a
    Thanks for the tip!

I would like to welcome you to this gorgeous online community, where iPad users from all walks of life come together to discuss that very piece of technology and more. I invite you to look around and make some new posts, we could certainly use that! Make yourself at home!

We only ask that you kindly read the forum rules located here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html.

We welcome our newest member to the forum with enthusiasm and pleasure.

Goofy8275
    Regards, From the computing device of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user
    Forum rules: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

iPad 3rd Generation 64gb WiFi, iPod Touch 5th Generation 32gb, iPod Classic 160gb

Links