Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

ZAGGKeys ProPlus for Ipad questions

This is a discussion on ZAGGKeys ProPlus for Ipad questions within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Dd a search on my iPF app and dint see any results, so bear with me for a sec. Does anyone know if the keys ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Dd a search on my iPF app and dint see any results, so bear with me for a sec. Does anyone know if the keys themselves are lit on this model? What I mean is, I know under each key there is light, but do the actual letters pass this light through or are they just white paint on black keys and the light surrounds each key....no definitive pics were on the net as far as I could see...

Thanks everyone!!!!!

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    No. The lights surround the keys. They are user switchable for three levels of brightness (and, of course, off). I have one and think it does everything promised. Used it on an airplane and had no trouble "seeing" the keys

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the info...I'm guessing all the images from the new reviews I finally located were photoshopped...I notice that the zagg website didn't list any photos indicating the key letters themselves lighting up, just around them...then I saw a few reviews that shows all the letters and the surrounds were fully lit.....

Oh well, guess ill send it back! Tanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Too bad you are giving up on this ZaggProPlus keyboard. I have the original Zaggfolio keyboard case. It is two years old. It works very well with my original iPad. If the lettering is painted on these keys, I have not seen any sign of fading letters. I have thought of getting this keyboard that you refer to but I'm waiting for it to come down in price. I missed the Black Friday Sale that Zagg offered this keyboard for 20% off(?).

I was looking around the Zagg website for how it described this keyboard. Zagg refers to this keyboard as "backlit". I am assuming there is another term for keys that are actually lit. This might not be that difficult to do, if they can come out with transparent keys? The backlit lights come in seven different colors. I suppose you can choose which color you want depending on your mood. <S>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZAGGKeys ProPlus for Ipad questions-image-2137538519.jpg  

iPF Novice
    Member #

Every video I've watched of this keyboard shows that it is truly a backlit keyboard. The light DOES shine through the letters. That was also the case with the one I played with in-store. Unless they made a change perhaps the previous poster misunderstood?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=P5qOt...%3DP5qOtm439fA

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well the wife showed mercy on me last night so i am typing on it right now. The keys are indeed "Shine Through"!! Very happy about the fit and finish. Love the various colors, with green and red being my favorites right now. My only complaint right now is that the keys themselves seem a little off....Starting at the "0" key and working down towards the space bar, there appears to be an alignment problem. The keys themselves are registering the letters being pressed, but they appear to be "sunken in" on the keyboard itself. Some of the keys also appear to be dragging on the sides of the aluminum has they are depressed. I love the backlighting, but i think i like the keys on the original ZaggMate better. I still use that with my iPad3 with no issues, so i may go back to that or contact Zagg for a replacement......

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok i think i have a solution to my key problem..... It appears that the keyboard "holes" (The surface of the keyboard where the keys poke through) for the chicklet keys is 2 pieces bonded togher with an epoxy like substance. This has squeezed out in some spots to create a little "lip" the the keys are getting stuck too. I popped a few keys off and was able to use a razor to scrape away some of the excess and the key is working much better now.. I will try to get some pictures of what I am referring to when I get home.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    The other thing you can do is to call Zagg. they have great customer support. I had one of the iPad 1 keyboards that developed a battery issue and they replaced it very quickly and even took care of the shipping. Instead of cutting at the epoxy, just have them replace the keyboard.

I have been using their screen protectors for at least 5 years and they have been nothing but helpfull in replacing those as well.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV Gen 3 & Gen2

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I ordered this keyboard cover as according to reviews it should be one of the best non-folio type keyboards (better than the Ultrathin). However, I only now realize that perhaps I should've taken into consideration the fact that I will be using an iCarbons back skin and a screen protector (Visor XT) that's not exactly ultrathin. Will the iPad (I have iPad 4) still with into Zaggkeys' 'channel'? Do any of you guys use skins and screen protectors with your iPads and this style keyboards?

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    What about the pro without the backlit keys? Do u think it makes much improvement to have that feature?

Don't understand ur question about the skins..isn't it just a film to protect ipad?

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

Links