Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Otterbox???

This is a discussion on Otterbox??? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Anyone have any exp with the otter box case??,...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Otterbox???

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Otterbox???

Anyone have any exp with the otter box case??,

2. Ads

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtxs
    Anyone have any exp with the otter box case??,
    Me. Otterbox Defender + utility bag.
    I love it, several times bumped in harsh environment and all is fine. It is a bit heavy though and one of my peripherals does not fit through the dock connector opening.
    But I repeat: I love it!

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I have the Otter Box Defender cases on my iPad 1 and 3, iPhone 4 and 5. One of the best cases out there. There are many others, some equal too, perhaps a little better. Read the reviews on Google. Otter Boxes' older cases were very chunky, but the new ones are smaller and lighter and provide great protection. No matter what case you get, none of them will protect you from every hazard. If you treat your iDevice/Case like the case wasn't there, in other words, just like it was naked, by being careful, you will be satisfied with it.
    Barnipad likes this.
    iPad 1 64gb 3g, iPad 3 64gb LTE, iPhone4 32gb, iPod Touch 32gb, Classic iPod 30gb, AppleTV 1g and 2g, MBP 13", MAC Mini

Here's where you can download the iPad manual.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Good Luck

Pocobear

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    ya I am in a long term rehab nursing home so in bed alot and I WORRY about it gettin knocked off the bedside table I kind of inherited it from my mom she never even turned it on she passed away a month ago so I got the IPAD and it will be my most treasured item
    Barnipad likes this.
    David E

shssssssssssh dont tell anyone I have a GIII
    And SPECIAL thanks to all the staff and mods who have the never ending almost thankless job

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocobear View Post
    I have the Otter Box Defender cases on my iPad 1 and 3, iPhone 4 and 5. One of the best cases out there. There are many others, some equal too, perhaps a little better. Read the reviews on Google. Otter Boxes' older cases were very chunky, but the new ones are smaller and lighter and provide great protection. No matter what case you get, none of them will protect you from every hazard. If you treat your iDevice/Case like the case wasn't there, in other words, just like it was naked, by being careful, you will be satisfied with it.
    Well that ringing endorsement sold me. It does have a kickstand doesnt it??
    David E

And SPECIAL thanks to all the staff and mods who have the never ending almost thankless job

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Looks many people fancy otterbox. I had never used it.
    Pursue, keep walking

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I ordered the Grey/Crevasse "web exclusive" Otterbox Defender to compliment my white IPad 3 and it is fantastic! Rugged and protective yet stylish, eye-catching and, with the built in stand, perfect for everyday use.

Certainly something that everyone comments on for it's looks and worth the few days wait for it to arrive from the US.

If I have one criticism it is that the connector is too well protected and subsequently too deep to plug in some accessories without needing an extender but, as many will use it as a standalone product (I.e. without plugging bits in) it has been designed with protection as it's prime responsibility and in that respect I am delighted with it.

I did look at the Griffin Survivor too having had that for my iPhone but what it gains in protection it definitely loses in looks and I have always been a little irritated by the flap covering the camera which decides on the day whether it wishes to stay clipped back to allow you to take pics!!!

Like the Griffin, the fact that my iPad is protected within a case, within a silicone surround and with a hard shell means that when I finally decide to upgrade to a newer model my original will be as new which means no scratches or damage and may well justify the extra cost of what I consider to be an already great buy!

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SamArmstrong99 View Post
    I ordered the Grey/Crevasse "web exclusive" Otterbox Defender to compliment my white IPad 3 and it is fantastic! Rugged and protective yet stylish, eye-catching and, with the built in stand, perfect for everyday use.

Certainly something that everyone comments on for it's looks and worth the few days wait for it to arrive from the US.
    can NOT AGREE MORE i flat love mine and feel much better with it protected the way the Defender does!!!!! PLUS It does the male ego good to s33e a manly case lol besides the basic colors it comes in Camo lol
    David E

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SamArmstrong99 View Post

If I have one criticism it is that the connector is too well protected and subsequently too deep to plug in some accessories without needing an extender but, as many will use it as a standalone product (I.e. without plugging bits in) it has been designed with protection as it's prime responsibility and in that respect I am delighted with it.

I did look at the Griffin Survivor too having had that for my iPhone but what it gains in protection it definitely loses in looks and I have always been a little irritated by the flap covering the camera which decides on the day whether it wishes to stay clipped back to allow you to take pics!!!

Like the Griffin, the fact that my iPad is protected within a case, within a silicone surround and with a hard shell means that when I finally decide to upgrade to a newer model my original will be as new which means no scratches or damage and may well justify the extra cost of what I consider to be an already great buy!
    I'm concerned about around the circle cutout, it seems very rough and that it would scratch the back of my iPad. Has it scratch yours? Or does mine have a defect with the harsh rough edges?

Links