Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™

This is a discussion on This works! Targus Stylus for Apple® iPad™ within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by j0yful Does it work smoothly even with a screen protector? Sorry. Cant say. I just use the marware case as protection......

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by j0yful View Post
    Does it work smoothly even with a screen protector?

Sorry. Cant say. I just use the marware case as protection...

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I picked up the Targus at Best Buy Friday night, and have been using it all weekend.

I like the feel. It glides across the screen very easy. It is a little onk the small side, so people with large hands will find it uncomfortable. I have tried to draw in a couple of apps I have and I don't like the way it works. I am thinking it is more the app then the stylus.

Nevertheless it is worth the price if all you do is use it to drag across the screen. Would not use it to take note at school.

iCrush

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrush View Post
    I picked up the Targus at Best Buy Friday night, and have been using it all weekend.

I like the feel. It glides across the screen very easy. It is a little onk the small side, so people with large hands will find it uncomfortable. I have tried to draw in a couple of apps I have and I don't like the way it works. I am thinking it is more the app then the stylus.

Nevertheless it is worth the price if all you do is use it to drag across the screen. Would not use it to take note at school.

iCrush
    The only drawing ap I have tried it on is Zen Draw. Works well with that but want a coarse drawing on it also.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by j0yful View Post
    Does it work smoothly even with a screen protector?
    Yes, it is very smooth...

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IpadOne View Post
    this is why we devellopp our one , with size adapted to the Ipad
    Does your stylus have soft foam or more of the hard rubber feel?

greekjgg
    The bigger tip seems like it would write like a thick sharpie?

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    The Targus works great with my screen protector. I have a Power Support Crystal film on my iPad.

I don't know how it would work with a thicker film like the Zagg.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by greekjgg View Post
    The bigger tip seems like it would write like a thick sharpie?
    Not really, I don't use drawing or note apps yet but from what little I tried it seems fine also any good app will have pen or brush size adjust so you can select very thin or thick lines when you draw.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    The pogo sketch is definitely not the way to go in my opinion. The tip is very wide and the foam is too soft, to the extent of crumpling each time I use it. While the part that goes in your hand is nice, I can already see having to replace the tip w/i the week......and I've only had it for a week!!!

There has got to be a pen for the iPad that has a rubber tip which the screen will read but wont crumble like a Toll House. Maybe something like the orginal Palm use to have??

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    The pogo sketch is definitely not the way to go in my opinion. The tip is very wide and the foam is too soft, to the extent of crumpling each time I use it. While the part that goes in your hand is nice, I can already see having to replace the tip w/i the week......and I've only had it for a week!!!

There has got to be a pen for the iPad that has a rubber tip which the screen will read but wont crumble like a Toll House. Maybe something like the orginal Palm use to have??
    There is, and it's already been discussed in the previous page of this thread. I linked to it earlier- the Boxwave stylus (believe same as Targus). Works well for me (as well as you can expect for capacitive touch technology). The best stylus I've used - and I have used Pogo (piece of sh@t), the Dagi (ok, but not great- better than Pogo though), and now this one, which feels good on the screen and tip won't crumble- works well.

Links