Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Any Real Reviews on the new "Nuud" lifeproof case?

This is a discussion on Any Real Reviews on the new "Nuud" lifeproof case? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hey all. This has been in development for over a year and maybe a nice alternative to Otterbox.. I am rather happy with my lifeproof ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Hey all. This has been in development for over a year and maybe a nice alternative to Otterbox.. I am rather happy with my lifeproof iPhone case so now I would like some comments on the new Nuud case. They used a neat idea by using the iPad glass and O-ring to get a seal. Found a couple of YouTube vids.

Looks like it should work,

2. Ads

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I watched the promo video on it. Don't expect it to be anything like the iPhone case. I have one as well and I love it. The nuud case doesn't have a front screen the shell is designed to seal around the iPad screen itself the back of the case is a clear screen as to to see the apple. I was impressed and don't think they should of messed with something that wasn't broke.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wasn't impressed

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    Not for me, but I hope you enjoy it!
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    WOW this case is pricey @150.00 they are really pushing it at that price point. I love the idea of protection in the rain, but maybe a plastic bag in my backpack is a cheaper option. Maybe it will bounces when you drop it. Naw I don't. Think so.

iPF Noob
    Member #

[QUOTE=zipur;639112]Hey all. This has been in development for over a year and maybe a nice alternative to Otterbox.. I am rather happy with my lifeproof iPhone case so now I would like some comments on the new Nuud case. They used a neat idea by using the iPad glass and O-ring to get a seal. Found a couple of YouTube vids.

For $50.00 less you could get a square trade warranty that protects you device completely for 2years. Life proof offers no warranty for the device if something happens to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Love it!!!

So I coach my daughters soccer team outside a lot. I have another waterproof case I bought that is decent, it cost about $40 bought from a link in another forum thread.

I thought the lifeproof case price was high, but since I use it so much outside I thought it was worth it.

My first impression is that the design was very unique, they use the combination if an o ring and a rubber edge pressed hard against the glass to provide the waterproof seal. That means that the screen is bare. I do not use a screen protector so this is very cool in terms of leaving the case on it for everyday use. Since I ordered one of the initial they included the cover that also acts as a stand. Not sure I would want this without it. Can't use the smart cover with it so not sure what I would do in order to type without the case/stand.

It is less bulky than the otterbox and Griffen survivor case (owned both before). It definitely adds bulk , but I do like it relative to other cases I have had and tried. With it in the stand for typing (I am typing on it now to do this) the case acts as a nice little wrist rest and I think I am typing faster than without it.

If you use the case outside or near elements and can afford it the case is worth it in my humble opinion

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Man oh. Man I want it, but I just can't get past that price. Are you telling me the screen cover is Not included?

iPF Noob
    Member #
    ^^ By "screen cover" do you mean a screen protector........ because there is NO screen protector on the Lifeproof case. They also raised the price. It's now $160....YIKES!
    Last edited by Pearlbaby; 08-28-2012 at 09:44 PM.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I saw a plastic screen snap on cover that came with it. If this is not the case then they have priced me out of being Nuud.
    I just won't go swimming with my iPad.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links