Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Understanding the "Auto Wake/Sleep" function and the best case for it

This is a discussion on Understanding the "Auto Wake/Sleep" function and the best case for it within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hi Everyone, Greetings I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I'd like to discuss with you guys the topic on the ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPF Noob
    Member #

Understanding the "Auto Wake/Sleep" function and the best case for it

Hi Everyone,

Greetings I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I'd like to discuss with you guys the topic on the auto wake/sleep function similar to Apple's Smart Cover. I've recently bought a casing which claims to have this function but when inserting my new iPad, it doesn't seem to work. I googled around and seems like the magnet polarity or something isn't the same for the iPad 2 and the new iPad(3). That is as far as I could understand. Anyone here good enough to explain more in layman terms?

Anyway I've contacted the company (since they are good help I decide not to reveal thier name) and they said they have a fix for it but it's kind of an external fix. I'd need to add some kind of magnet (which they will send me for free) for it to work. So here comes my other concern, will adding a 'random' magnet around the iPad have any negative effect on the iPad itself? The last thing I want it to screw up my screen. What kind of "smart" question should I be asking them ? Say:

1) Are the magnets approved by Apple?
    2) Does the magnet touch the screen?

Hope someone can enlighten me on this Thanks !

2. Ads

iPF Noob
    Member #
    • Replies: 0
    • Views: 204
    Wow that's kinda sad lol .... No1 here is using any auto wake sleep cover/casing?

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Is your cover autolock/unlock settings turned on? Check this out http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...1_magnets.html
    Last edited by Semel; 08-15-2012 at 03:08 AM.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Semel View Post
    Is your cover autolock/unlock settings turned on? Check this out Teardown of Apple's iPad 2 Smart Cover uncovers 21 magnets
    Yes the settings is on ... I've contacted the maker and they also say it's because of the difference of the magnet between iPad 2 and the new iPad ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    411 times
    This was a big deal months ago. A company should have addressed this by now. I suggest you return that case and buy one of the zillions of cases that have been made to work. Apple decided to change something about the magnets for the 2012 iPad, so there is a particular polarity (n/s vs s/n, etc.) needed for a case to work. I would not worry about asking all of those questions just to get a case to work, its a waste of time.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPad mini - 64 GB - LTE - Black | iPad (3nd Gen) - 64GB - LTE - Black | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

Banned
    Member #
    Is magnet good for iPhone or not?

Banned
    Member #
    Auto wake up function coming with case, Or there is some application available for that ?

Member #
    Liked
    1409 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanlawrence171
    Auto wake up function coming with case, Or there is some application available for that ?
    It's not an app. It will show up in settings the first time you use a Smart Cover or similar 3rd party cover.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links