Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Converting avi files

This is a discussion on Converting avi files within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I guys, hope someone can help me? I've just bought a new HD hitachi camcorder, and an Apple camera connection kit. Both of which work ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPF Noob
    Member #

Converting avi files

I guys, hope someone can help me?

I've just bought a new HD hitachi camcorder, and an Apple camera connection kit. Both of which work beautifully.

However when I upload my files they are .avi files, which are apparently not compatible with my Ipad2.

I edit my video's with iMovie directly on my iPad and don't have access to a p.c, mac or laptop.

I seriously need a solution to convert the .avi files to something compatible with my Ipad2 without the need to upload them to a regular computer.

I've downloaded every available app that claims to convert the files from the app store, (paid for most of them!!) and none of them work. They start "compressing" the files and simply freeze after a few seconds. :-(

I'm stuck :-( Should I take the camera back? Can I purchase a camera that will save video's in mp4 format? Please help guys. My brain has gone numb! Lol

Steph Xx

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slc84
    I guys, hope someone can help me?

I've just bought a new HD hitachi camcorder, and an Apple camera connection kit. Both of which work beautifully.

However when I upload my files they are .avi files, which are apparently not compatible with my Ipad2.

I edit my video's with iMovie directly on my iPad and don't have access to a p.c, mac or laptop.

I seriously need a solution to convert the .avi files to something compatible with my Ipad2 without the need to upload them to a regular computer.

I've downloaded every available app that claims to convert the files from the app store, (paid for most of them!!) and none of them work. They start "compressing" the files and simply freeze after a few seconds. :-(

I'm stuck :-( Should I take the camera back? Can I purchase a camera that will save video's in mp4 format? Please help guys. My brain has gone numb! Lol

Steph Xx
    Some camera record in .mov files, which should work on the iPad as well.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Ah okay, so could go in store and see if I can exchange hitachi cam for a camcorder that will record in .mov? Thank you! Xx

Links