Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Blown away

This is a discussion on Blown away within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I just picked up the keyboard dock from Best Buy and would have to say that I'm blown away. The only downside at this point ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blown away

iPad Fan!
    Member #

Blown away

I just picked up the keyboard dock from Best Buy and would have to say that I'm blown away. The only downside at this point is that I have to pull the iPad out of the Apple case to put it on the dock.

You can use the keyboard without the charger plugged in, or plug the charger in while using the keyboard and still charge the iPad. The keyboard actually set up as a nice stand while sitting on my lap. What a mix, charger, keyboard and stand all in one, and the entirety still fit nicely in my small Targus Citygear bag.

The real downside was that I kept reaching for the mouse while it was docked. Something about the setup suddenly made my reptile brain think I was typing on a laptop.

Kudos Apple.

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by harv2000 View Post
    The real downside was that I kept reaching for the mouse while it was docked. Something about the setup suddenly made my reptile brain think I was typing on a laptop.

Kudos Apple.
    Funny about the mouse. I do that too when my iPad is docked into the keyboard! I have an HP TouchSmart PC, tho, which also has a multi-touch screen, so touching the screen while docked doesn't seem so strange to me.

I DO still miss the mouse, tho. That would be a great addition to the iPad.
    iPad 64GB Wifi / iPhone / MacBook / 24" iMac

iPad Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Me it's the opposite, I hardly ever use a computer anymore. When I use one I instinctively tap the LCD screen for commands...
    That looks really stupid!
    Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...

Yuno Wataï Minh

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Prefer the Bluetooth apple keyboard and using whatever dock I want diy or otherwise. I am in complete agreement that the keyboard can make you super productive when needed.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan View Post
    Me it's the opposite, I hardly ever use a computer anymore. When I use one I instinctively tap the LCD screen for commands...
    That looks really stupid!
    Actually, that's NOT the opposite of me. I am on my iPad all the time as well. My main computer sits dormant most of the time.
    iPad 64GB Wifi / iPhone / MacBook / 24" iMac

Links