Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

is the Adonit Jot Pro Sylus safe to be used on a iPad screen ?

This is a discussion on is the Adonit Jot Pro Sylus safe to be used on a iPad screen ? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Can anyone here confirm someone who is already using it or has used it in the past. Does the Adonit Jot pro leaves any scratch ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #

is the Adonit Jot Pro Sylus safe to be used on a iPad screen ?

Can anyone here confirm someone who is already using it or has used it in the past. Does the Adonit Jot pro leaves any scratch on the iPad screen ? is it safe to be used on the iPad screen ? I am most worried about it leaving any scratch or permanents marks. ?

Can anyone confrim if it is safe ?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Search function on Amazon reviews many users:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vish26
    Can anyone here confirm someone who is already using it or has used it in the past. Does the Adonit Jot pro leaves any scratch on the iPad screen ? is it safe to be used on the iPad screen ? I am most worried about it leaving any scratch or permanents marks. ?

Can anyone confrim if it is safe ?
    I have been using the Jot since Day 1. No scratching problem. The plastic disk on the nib does make a click, but zi have seen no damage.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttle View Post
    I have been using the Jot since Day 1. No scratching problem. The plastic disk on the nib does make a click, but zi have seen no damage.
    Couple of people have reported about getting a Hairline Scratch on their iPad screens. There is a 50-50 kind of feedback on if it leaves a scratch or not ? Makes me confused on should I go for it or not

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I'll advice you to buy a screen protector, like the Moshi - iVisor AG for the New iPad. It's reusable and easy to place on the iPad (comes in two colors, white/black)
    I use the adonit pro and it's been about month now with no scratches. Now, I've done some research and have heard about users complain about noticeable scrapes and with that being rumored, Ive recently bought a screen protector. Note, that the visor may affect the iPads screen retina display.... But thats a temporary minor issue if you'r only using it when using the stylus

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vish26

Couple of people have reported about getting a Hairline Scratch on their iPad screens. There is a 50-50 kind of feedback on if it leaves a scratch or not ? Makes me confused on should I go for it or not
    If it needs a screen protector, I say get some other stylus. Why worry about damaging your screen over a $30 stylus? That's nuts.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC View Post
    If it needs a screen protector, I say get some other stylus. Why worry about damaging your screen over a $30 stylus? That's nuts.
    Absolutely ! Very True ! Makes no sense to jeopardize your $800 Device for a petty $30 thing. I also got a mail reply from the support team of Adonit Jot pro and they were busy trying to explain me that we have done extensive testing before we have released this stylus and it does not leave any scratches However...However...here's the interesting part... she also went on to add that if there was a debri which came between the stylus and the screen, that would certainly leave a scratch so she was saying clean your screen before you use the stylus and she also was suggesting to apply a screen guard on the screen to be very sure ! Heck I dont wanna get the product if it entails so much of hassle and menace ! Plus I am in no mood to apply a screen protector on my iPad screen ! What for ? It does not require one

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vish26 View Post
    Absolutely ! Very True ! Makes no sense to jeopardize your $800 Device for a petty $30 thing. I also got a mail reply from the support team of Adonit Jot pro and they were busy trying to explain me that we have done extensive testing before we have released this stylus and it does not leave any scratches However...However...here's the interesting part... she also went on to add that if there was a debri which came between the stylus and the screen, that would certainly leave a scratch so she was saying clean your screen before you use the stylus and she also was suggesting to apply a screen guard on the screen to be very sure ! Heck I dont wanna get the product if it entails so much of hassle and menace ! Plus I am in no mood to apply a screen protector on my iPad screen ! What for ? It does not require one
    That debris would need to be harder than the glass of the screen to cause a scratch. How is that going to get there? You going to the beach? If you get all sandy then take a shower before using your iPad. Personally, I don't believe there is a problem BUT if you are worried about it then it is better to just move on. Life is too short to be "griefing" out over this kind of thing.
    * * * Forum Rules * * *

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Yep. And if you get a hard particle on the tip of ANY stylus it would have the same abrasive effect.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I've been using a Jot for a while now and I have noticed no such effect. I'd add to the last reply and say if you get any hard particle on the end of either a stylus or you finger then you the run the risk of scratching the screen. The best advice it to keep everything clean and you will not have a problem.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links