Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Why no keyboard like the Asus transformer?

This is a discussion on Why no keyboard like the Asus transformer? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by exile The only keyboard-like "keyboards" that can come close to that transformer keyboard design; is something like the clamcase, Logitech fold up ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why no keyboard like the Asus transformer?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    The only keyboard-like "keyboards" that can come close to that transformer keyboard design; is something like the clamcase, Logitech fold up keyboard and crux360. Those are all cases but designed to have a laptop like architecture.

It does not charge the ipad. The stand alone battery is for the keyboard's functionality.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we will never see a design like that for the ipad. Apple won't infringe on Asus's design nor will after market. Since I'm sure Asus will drop a lawsuit on those who try. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
    Apple seems very reluctant to follow anyone....even some of the recent iOS updates, which follow Android, seem to come begrudgingly. I think they like to be trendsetters, not followers, on tech, even though there clearly where not the first to think of a lot of the tech that they sell...they were the first to make them things people actually want.

Even time I think of a keyboard to go with my iPad...I feel as if I'm drifting back to a laptop (not that I ever left). That's my problem with something like the prime...if you buy it, and that that $150, then why didn't you just buy a laptop...better yet, something like a Samsung Series 7 Slate, which runs windows 7 rather than Andriod and can be both a tablet and used with a keyboard, while running windows 7 (it will be updated to Win8 when that streets). I even wonder this very question with my iPad...every time i think of pairing it will a nice kb case then I'm just admitting that I need a laptop, rather than a tablet. And I already have a pricey laptop. Lots of people get MacBook Airs instead of tablets...and wonder if people buying tablets are crazy....
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Doesn't have to be like the asus brand, it can just be like a folio only charges your iPad

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC

Apple seems very reluctant to follow anyone....even some of the recent iOS updates, which follow Android, seem to come begrudgingly. I think they like to be trendsetters, not followers, on tech, even though there clearly where not the first to think of a lot of the tech that they sell...they were the first to make them things people actually want.

Even time I think of a keyboard to go with my iPad...I feel as if I'm drifting back to a laptop (not that I ever left). That's my problem with something like the prime...if you buy it, and that that $150, then why didn't you just buy a laptop...better yet, something like a Samsung Series 7 Slate, which runs windows 7 rather than Andriod and can be both a tablet and used with a keyboard, while running windows 7 (it will be updated to Win8 when that streets). I even wonder this very question with my iPad...every time i think of pairing it will a nice kb case then I'm just admitting that I need a laptop, rather than a tablet. And I already have a pricey laptop. Lots of people get MacBook Airs instead of tablets...and wonder if people buying tablets are crazy....
    Definitely agree. I actually wanted the prime once upon a time. Then a realized what's the point of spending that much and having a keyboard when i can just buy another laptop.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I had the Transformer with the keyboard dock and found no use for it at all. What is funny is that when the Transformer Prime came out they felt the need to change where the dock plug is, thus making it useless if you wanted to upgrade. Non issue for me as I ditched it but still.
    iPhone 4s 64GB White (Jailbroken), The "New iPad" 16GB Black (Stock), Past devices: iPad 2, HTC Hero, HTC Evo, HTC Evo 3D, ASUS Transformer.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS View Post
    That looks soo cool! But I wouldn't pay $180 for it lol!
    Soon a proud owner of an Ipad 3 32GB
    Iphone 3GS 32GB
    Ipod 32GB

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC View Post

I agree 100% with you. I have a Laptop and use it daily but I want an iPad for different things so why would I want to make my iPad look and act like a laptop? That's what bothers me of some people. They have to understand tablets are not laptops. Thats what made the iPad revolutionary in the first place...
    Soon a proud owner of an Ipad 3 32GB
    Iphone 3GS 32GB
    Ipod 32GB

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    The Crux case will charge the iPad

The Crux Loaded™
    Is the world’s first keyboard case to feature both a remote Bluetooth trackpad and an additional-external battery for your iPad.

CruxCase – CruxLOADED - CruxCase

CLOSING APPS: If an app has stopped responding or closes on launch, try the following: * Home screen * click the Home button twice * Tap and hold on the app * When it jiggles, tap the (-) to close it * Double-click the Home button and re-open the app

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by followthesapper View Post

CruxCase – CruxLOADED - CruxCase[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Thank you sir!!

And I understand some people don't want a product like this... I can't imagine why they would knock other people who do want something like this down. Does it bother you that much that I want an external keyboard that will charge my iPad? I mean really....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by followthesapper
    $250. Where is this thing and does it work with the new iPad? In June 2011 it claimed to add 7.5 hrs of battery life to iPad 2.

One can get a new Trent and a bt keyboard for far less and it would last longer.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by no1up

Thank you sir!!

And I understand some people don't want a product like this... I can't imagine why they would knock other people who do want something like this down. Does it bother you that much that I want an external keyboard that will charge my iPad? I mean really....
    It really isn't personal no1up. It's just a bunch of us tablet zealots who insist that the purity of architecture and the fluid mobility of the iPad is compromised when you add a keyboard to it. <smile>
    Anna84 likes this.

Links