Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

What's Better - iPad with 64 GB or 32GB plus AirStash

This is a discussion on What's Better - iPad with 64 GB or 32GB plus AirStash within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Storage of your iPad depends according to your usage. If you are requiring high storage then you must go for 64 GB and you don't ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Storage of your iPad depends according to your usage. If you are requiring high storage then you must go for 64 GB and you don't have to see about the budget. And if you did not need high storage then you need not go for 64 GB, you can go for 32 GB to take care of your budget.

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Antarctic_iPad View Post
    OK, thanks. I asked because it would seem to be better to download the movie in order to watch it to conserve the Airstash's batteries rather than have it running the whole time.

I have Goodreader. Can you use it to watch movie files of most formats that are downloaded into its app space?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    I use an AirStash+ all the time. The battery lasts as long as the iPad, and I have an external Incredible11000 just in case! We used on a Tanzanian Safari to stream movies and Pictures while sitting around campfire at night! There were 6 iPads out of the 13 People on Safari. We could copy pictures and backup on my AirStash+ and share the videos and pictures of the days adventures!

We charged IOS devices and Incredible11000 from the Safari vehicles.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    How do I setup Goodreader to stream video/music that is on my Air Stash? It looks so far that it wants me to download files to the iPad prior to playing anything?
    Thanks.
    Jeff

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
    How do I setup Goodreader to stream video/music that is on my Air Stash? It looks so far that it wants me to download files to the iPad prior to playing anything?
    Thanks.
    Jeff
    When you click on file .... Use open with dialog to select app

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I must be doing something wrong.
    I browse to my AirStash server in GoodReader. I open a folder with a number of media files. I tap on one of them. The only options I see are Go back to previous directory or to Close the window at the top of the window. At the bottom of the window I can Deselect All, Sync, or Download. I can't see a way to just play the file by streaming. This happens whether the files are .m4a's from iTunes, .mp3's, or .mp4's. If I allow it to download the file to the iPad they play fine, but I want to be able to just stream them without downloading.
    Thanks.
    Jeff

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    414 times
    Jeff,

I see no way to stream the file into goodreader. It doesn't seem to support that feature. I think you have to download it first, then play it.

Is there a reason you want to use goodreader in this way? The airstash app itself will stream any movie just fine. That is its purpose.

You can also just type airstash.net/files into the address bar on your browser and stream movies that way.
    Last edited by AQ_OC; 12-07-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    mini iPad w/ RD - 128 LTE - Space Grey | iPhone 4S - 64GB - White | Nexus 10 | Nexus 7 2013 | Kindle Fire
    * * * Forum Rules * * *
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AQ_OC View Post
    Jeff,

I see no way to stream the file into goodreader. It doesn't seem to support that feature. I think you have to download it first, then play it.

Is there a reason you want to use goodreader in this way? The airstash app itself will stream any movie just fine. That is its purpose.

You can also just type airstash.net/files into the address bar on your browser and stream movies that way.
    My original concern was that I wanted to stream audio from the AirStash using a playlist. I was led to believe (apparently incorrectly) that GoodReader would use or allow me to create a playlist. So, I guess I go back to using the AirStash app for streaming and just listen to one song at a time. Thanks.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links