Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Hdmi adapter, ipad3 and itunes movies

This is a discussion on Hdmi adapter, ipad3 and itunes movies within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Suspect I know the answer to this but thought i'd check... The weather here in the uk is pretty lousy at the moment, and was ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Hdmi adapter, ipad3 and itunes movies

Suspect I know the answer to this but thought i'd check...

The weather here in the uk is pretty lousy at the moment, and was intending to set up a "movie at home" as we call it on Thursday for the kids whilst they are on their Easter holidays.

So, plugged in the hdmi connector, whilst in the iTunes library and it popped up with accessory not supported, which I've had trying to stream sky f1. It then streamed a smaller version of the preview onto the screen, but that was it.

So.. If i want to stream films from iTunes onto my tv,it's got to be via an apple tv?

There's nothing wrong with the hdmi connector as I use it with BBC iplayer fine.

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    As far as I've heard it has to be through apple TV

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dhevans_6
    Suspect I know the answer to this but thought i'd check...

The weather here in the uk is pretty lousy at the moment, and was intending to set up a "movie at home" as we call it on Thursday for the kids whilst they are on their Easter holidays.

So, plugged in the hdmi connector, whilst in the iTunes library and it popped up with accessory not supported, which I've had trying to stream sky f1. It then streamed a smaller version of the preview onto the screen, but that was it.

So.. If i want to stream films from iTunes onto my tv,it's got to be via an apple tv?

There's nothing wrong with the hdmi connector as I use it with BBC iplayer fine.
    I think the confusing thing here is the use of the term "stream"; if you are on apple tv you stream directly from device to tv thru apple tv box which is connected to tv by HDMI, but pad is wireless. If you are connected to tv directly by HDMI, meaning your device is directly connected to a tv HDMI port, you should be able to play movies that are, and here is the key, already on your pad, previously downloaded from iTunes. I may be totally off base here but that is my understanding, which I will be experimenting with this week end.
    Cheers, Roger

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think you're right, I.e. films I already own that I've handbraked a copy of the DVD will play nicely with the iPad connected to the tv via hdmi.

I guess in the same way that sky here in the uk want you to buy another sky box for another tv set, apple want you to buy their tv if renting films.. 99 would be a lot for keeping the kids occupied for a couple of hours!

Thanks both :-)

Links