Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Best iPad Car Dock?

This is a discussion on Best iPad Car Dock? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I would like to get a car dock for my iPad, but there are a lot of different ones out there. I want something that ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    iPF Novice
    Member #

Best iPad Car Dock?

I would like to get a car dock for my iPad, but there are a lot of different ones out there. I want something that is quality and preferably won't require me to do any drilling. I have seen the RAM one but I can't use that if I can only mount it to a seat post as I have a regular cab truck and have a middle seat that is used sometimes...any suggestions?

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    IpadHoldr

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbarker View Post
    IpadHoldr
    Those are nice, very pricy haha, but I might think about getting one of those...I am just worried if it will really fit into the dash as I have a touch screen deck already and the vehicle selection is so general with "04-08 F-150"...when I decide to get one I will probably give them a call...plus I may be getting a new vehicle this summer so I may wait, but thanks for the suggestion keep them coming
    Last edited by CC268; 03-17-2012 at 05:11 PM.

iPF Noob
    Member #

Cool RE: Best iPad Car Dock?

I have a RAM Mount like you mention on order, so I will know more soon enough. I also looked at the Jotodesk solution. My concern with the RAM Mount is that it may not be sturdy enough for my offroad use / abuse. I work alot in emergency services / wildland fire suppression and so my stuff takes a real beating. The issue you mentioned with RAM Mount I think can be pretty easily cured with a slight mode at the base of the unit. Basically, inset a quick-disconnect coupler just above where it attaches to the seat backet. Again, I will look into this more after mine arrives. Someone else mentioned expense... In my experience, this is NOT the place to go cheap. An inexpensive mount with frustrate you and let you down.

Links