Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPad Stylus used for writing???

This is a discussion on iPad Stylus used for writing??? within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dieverdog That's funny - I had the exact same experience! Those are my two favorites also & I discovered them the same ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: iPad Stylus used for writing???

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieverdog
    That's funny - I had the exact same experience! Those are my two favorites also & I discovered them the same way.
    Dieverdog
    Same here! Although I use a Wacom Bamboo stylus. The main features I'd love to see added to make Noteshelf the perfect app are the ability to add shapes such as straight lines, squares etc, and the ability to zoom in on the page which enables you to take much more detailed notes. Notes Plus has both of these features but is nowhere near as intuitive to use.

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I realize this is going to sound strange, since I have a few of these apps, but here is what I have and use in order from most frequent to least: Notability, Noteshelf, Penultimate, Note Taker HD, Notes Plus. If I could just take the things I like from each one and create 'my' perfect note app it would be so much simpler.
    iPad Air~128G~4G Verizon
    iPhone 5s~64G~Verizon
    the New iPad~64G~4G Verizon
    Galaxy Tab 10.1~ 4G Verizon
    iPad1~32G~WiFi
    iPhone 5~64G~Verizon
    iPhone 4 Verizon

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I just received my first stylus in the post this morning. It's an Alupen type stylus that I picked up very cheap from a company here in the UK.

I quite like it. My first impressions are that its very good for the money.
    It has a nice weight and doesn't need too much pressure to work properly.
    It glides over the screen very well and the rubber tip appears to be a soft composite so hopefully no risk of scratching the screen!
    I don't think it will be that great for handwriting, it being a chunky crayon style but it's not bad for use as a jotter or a doodle pen.
    I'll give it some use over the next few weeks to see how I get on with it and may invest in a more professional stylus for writing and drawing but for now I'm happy.

The biggest plus I have found in the few short hours of use I have given it so far is that my screen is very clean - no more grubby finger marks!

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I've been using the Wacom Bamboo Stylus for the last couple days and I love it. It's aesthetically pleasing, feels good in my hand and writes well on the apps I use (Bamboo Paper, UPAD, Sketch). I did find the tip a bit 'squishy' so I added a little bit of soft rubber and I find is works better.

I also ordered the TruGlide Stylus. I want to compare the tips to see what I like more.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsbrandon View Post
    I've been using the Wacom Bamboo Stylus for the last couple days and I love it. It's aesthetically pleasing, feels good in my hand and writes well on the apps I use (Bamboo Paper, UPAD, Sketch). I did find the tip a bit 'squishy' so I added a little bit of soft rubber and I find is works better.

I also ordered the TruGlide Stylus. I want to compare the tips to see what I like more.
    You sound a lot like me. I bought the Bamboo stylus and really liked it, except that after two weeks the rubber nib developed a tear in it. So now I have a TruGlide stylus coming from Amazon. I am hoping that it is more durable.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wmadan

You sound a lot like me. I bought the Bamboo stylus and really liked it, except that after two weeks the rubber nib developed a tear in it. So now I have a TruGlide stylus coming from Amazon. I am hoping that it is more durable.
    Yes and I too recommended the Bamboo stylus. But after a while the nib of develops a tear. But I never had one occur after only two weeks. I have bought a pack of replacement nibs from Wacom, but they tend to be a little pricey. I could easily go through half a dozen nibs per year, and they come in a pack of 3, online order only.

I've since moved on to the Adonit Jot and Jot Pro. I have a Frys store locally, and noticed the other day they have both models. I'm always a sucker to buy something if I see it retail. And I was pleasantly surprised. The Bamboo stylus simply has too much friction for good writing. And the friction gets worse with use. It is very good for poking, but not so great for swiping. I only bought the Jot over the weekend, so the jury is out to see how it holds up in the long term. And it doesn't create a dirty film across the screen. I've read there are maintenance issues, such as using conductive grease to keep it from skipping. So far mine doesn't skip.
    iPad 3rd gen 64 GB 4G

iPF Novice
    Member #
    I finally decided to order the iFaraday styluses (styli?) whatever the plural of stylus is.... I got the artist set. I can't express how much I love them! I wish I'd spent the money and gotten them AGES ago! I do like the firmer tip but they write beautifully and I can hold my hand in a very natural way and not have to worry about having to have the tip at a very certain angle for it to work. The tip has some sort of fabric so it glides VERY nicely over the iPad surface and it makes writing for note taking very natural and drawing is very precise and easy to do with these pens. I HIGHLY recommend them. I know I will be ordering more. They come in a nice little tube that protects them, which I like for carrying in my purse, so that's a bonus.

On another note, I got an early edition of the iPen via Kickstarter because it sounded so promising – however I'm not impressed. I spent $80 and the pen really doesn't work - or it works rather intermittently and sporadically. And it only works with a couple of apps so far. I've done all the things they've said to be sure to do to enable it to work –– and it does begin to function so it's not like the connection isn't working, but it only works for a tiny line and then stops and then starts back again. Not reliable at all. Not sure if I got a dud or what the deal is. I had very high hopes for this but now I have my iFaraday I'm not as concerned.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I need one for drawing and making notes.

iPad Junkie
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I like the stylus for Samsung Note. Only if that works with iPad. What's neat with the stylus is that it has a button which acts like the buttons of a mouse or touchpad.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    hiiiiiii every body
    I think Bamboo stylus os better one. its the Soft-Touch Stylus, you can type, tap and scroll effortlessly without worrying about scratching the high-resolution display on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The Soft-Touch Stylus features a lightweight aluminium body with a soft-touch rubber tip and includes a shirt clip, letting you easily carry it wherever you take your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Links