Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Skin vs Folio

This is a discussion on Skin vs Folio within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I ordered a sleek skin from hard candy this weekend and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm still in two minds about ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skin vs Folio

iPad Fan!
    Member #

Skin vs Folio

I ordered a sleek skin from hard candy this weekend and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm still in two minds about a skin vs a portfolio type case.

I figured a skin would be handier because I am just planning to use it at home for now since my current project is work-from-home (I have at least 3-4 months to go). My next one will involve more travel, so I thought I'd wait until then to get a nice, more professional folio, and hopefully there should be more options then too.

Do any of you recommend one type over the other for my situation? I'd love some input.

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    I like the portfolio style case (I bought the Apple branded one) because it enables me to view the iPad at an angle while it's on my lap, table, etc. Very handy when watching video or playing games that require 2 hands.
    iPhone 3G 8GB (black) / iPad 16GB wifi / Apple folio case => tucked into a Timbuk2 Freestyle Messenger

~Follow me on Twitter: @iDharma~

iPad Master!
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have the Hard Candy Street Skin, which is a little bulkier than the Sleek but along the same lines, and I use it in the CrazyOnDigital folio case. It fits fairly well.

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SallySparrow View Post
    I ordered a sleek skin from hard candy this weekend and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm still in two minds about a skin vs a portfolio type case. ...
    Right there with you on making this decision.

Originally had 1st gen iPad in a folio ... really liked the fact that it hid the iPad, disguising it as a notebook. Makes it nice to use in church with an excellent Bible Program (Olive Tree).

But, when I upgraded to iPad 2 ... I left the original factory cellophane seal on it for a bout a week ... using it naked. Wow! it's has a nice feel that is much different from it being in a folio.

Thinking about a skin now. I think a skin would make my "facetime" conversations with out of state relatives more fun.

So ... looking for a skin, and will probably be switching back and forth.

Seems that I'm evolving to wanting to use a skin at home, and a folio when at work, church, or traveling.

Other's reaching these same conclusion?

Links