Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Buying Accessories on Amazon and Ebay.

This is a discussion on Buying Accessories on Amazon and Ebay. within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Would love to hear from people what they like and dont like or Pros and Cons about shopping for iPad Accessories on Amazon and Ebay ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Talking Buying Accessories on Amazon and Ebay.

Would love to hear from people what they like and dont like or Pros and Cons about shopping for iPad Accessories on Amazon and Ebay ?

Maybe issues such as: Security, Delivery times, Selection, Pictures, Reviews, Fakes, Refunds
    Or really anything that come to mind.

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I've bought most of my accessories from either eBay or Amazon...cheaper, more selections & variety...plus Paypal protects you from fraudulent sellers. I started doing it with my android tabs because I couldn't find anything locally...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I don't know why, but I have stayed away from ebay for many years now.

Amazon is great and they have great prices.

I had amazon prime for a while and it was great to have next day shipping for like $2.

The reviews are generaly good and informative if you are able to pick out the people who give bad ratings just because its an error on their part or they are not technical enough to use the products and just give bad ratings for it.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Typically... Both.. last year was a lot of amazon though because I did their promo student membership for free for a year. Although I still am a student I didn't want to pay the annual $39... Got to admit though the standard free 2day shipping and $3.99 next day was an awesome perk.

Reviews are nice to see on amazon.. but typically I already know what I'm going to get and did my countless hours of research ahead of time. So it really comes down to where I can get it for the cheapest total price.

The amazon $25 standard free ship is nice but can be frustrating to wait for. Sometimes they just send it by ground or usps regular mail or smart post - which is just dumb as hell. If you don't know what smart post is; it initially gets shipped via UPS or Fedex ground then gets transferred to usps and deliver by regular mail. Takes soooo long.

Amazon has a good return policy. 30 days, never really had any problems. If I did, which I have - small issues, I just call and talk to a rep. Gets handled on the spot.

I'm a huge ebayer as well. I always buy from distributors/sellers who have high sell counts and good feedback score. Shipping is pretty quick. Although with eBay I go into the purchase with the expectation as; I'm going to buy it and I will not be able to return it.

I just don't like dealing with returns on eBay. Although the seller has a high rating and good feedback sometimes they are just slow to deal with. Plus some bogus garbage like 15% restocking fee... Amazon you don't have to deal with that (I always buy from amazon or a company fulfilled by amazon).

I rarely... Rarely ever buy anything used from someone. It will always be new-NIB.

paypal for eBay.. which is pretty much the standard..

CC for anywhere else online.

If I don't feel like waiting... I'll just buy it retail and figure out a way to do a price match; if I can find a competitor selling the item for cheaper.

iPad Wizard
    Member #
    Liked
    440 times
    I use Amazon a lot, without probs. If they were probs, I trust that its customer service would take care of me.

I avoid eBay because it's sketchy, and I don't know what kind of CS I'll get.

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I must say that i do shop on amazon and sometimes on ebay, but if i researched a product and found it on some other (non amazon ebay) site and they seem ok i would buy from them.

I have dealt with online selling, and many small companies feel they stand little chance against these giants. they do try to provide extra value is all sorts of ways, lots of the times people just do the research online then buy the thing from amazon. i do understand this and that is life kind of thing, but afraid that one day we will live in a world dominated soly by these giants.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I research most products locally and on the manufacturers website. I also review video reviews and product demos on uTube.

When I'm finally satisfied I know the item I want I check prices on Amazon and Craigslist. Amazon almost always wins out with the lowest price and offers excellent customer service.

I have purchased on Craigslist but don't relish meeting unknown people with a wad of cash on hand.

eBay has been okay on the few occasions I've used them. Delivery has proven slow so I generally stear clear.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Mainly use eBay. Amazon have a wierd poilcy for a lot of their stuff in Europe, won't ship to your location is the usual issue. I have made many eBay purchases from suppliers all over the world without issue, occasionally items have not arrived as quickly as I would like but IF I want something that promptly I can always pay a premium and buy locally. For instance I bought my CCK from Hong Kong for $6 including shipping, it arrived in 16 days (they quoted 15-20) and it works exactly the same as my sons 25 one that he bought form the Apple store, mine has the advantage of being one connector with both SD card slot and USB connector whereas he has to have 2 to do the same job.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I will say I purchase most of the staff on Amazon since I have the Prime and it's pretty quick.
    But for some items, it all depends. Sometimes the local or other online retailers have a cheaper price or better reputation.
    Just google it~

iPF Noob
    Member #
    EBay and Amazon are good both, it depends if the seller is good or bad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links