Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Buying Accessories on Amazon and Ebay.

This is a discussion on Buying Accessories on Amazon and Ebay. within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; No one mentioned Craigslist. If you are savvy you can't beat the prices there. "Post are better with pictures "....

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    36299
    Liked
    20 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    500
    No one mentioned Craigslist. If you are savvy you can't beat the prices there.

    "Post are better with pictures ".

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by McTablet_T2C View Post
    I must say that i do shop on amazon and sometimes on ebay, but if i researched a product and found it on some other (non amazon ebay) site and they seem ok i would buy from them.

    I have dealt with online selling, and many small companies feel they stand little chance against these giants. they do try to provide extra value is all sorts of ways, lots of the times people just do the research online then buy the thing from amazon. i do understand this and that is life kind of thing, but afraid that one day we will live in a world dominated soly by these giants.
    I'm wary of buying from small online companies partly because of uncertain CS, and because I'm careful with credit info. When I do buy from small sources, I pay via PayPal. Otherwise, there's no chance they're getting my business.

  4. #13
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    156365
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    I'm wary of buying from small online companies partly because of uncertain CS, and because I'm careful with credit info. When I do buy from small sources, I pay via PayPal. Otherwise, there's no chance they're getting my business.
    I think any small company that wants to sell should have Paypal integrated, otherwise lose business. In our site we accept only Paypal for example. What annoys me that lots of people come read reviews. find the case they like based on the information we provide, then go buy if on Amazon or Ebay for like 5$ less. Internet is a cruel market place, anyone is a click and a half away from anywhere else. :-) Like i mentioned before i think if this kinda of things continues , Amazon and Ebay and lets say Walmart would be the only stores out there. wouldn't that be sad...

    My monday morning rant. ;-)

  5. #14
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    119227
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    27
    I have purchased many things from Amazon over the years with no issues. I have had to return a couple of items, due to wrong size, etc. The refund process was painless. The customer service has been very good. I have had no problems with security, delivery is dependent on the delivery service selected, selection is usually good, reviews can be helpful, have had no problems with fakes.

    I avoid "e-prey."

    YMMV

  6. #15
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by McTablet_T2C View Post
    I think any small company that wants to sell should have Paypal integrated, otherwise lose business. In our site we accept only Paypal for example. What annoys me that lots of people come read reviews. find the case they like based on the information we provide, then go buy if on Amazon or Ebay for like 5$ less. Internet is a cruel market place, anyone is a click and a half away from anywhere else. :-) Like i mentioned before i think if this kinda of things continues , Amazon and Ebay and lets say Walmart would be the only stores out there. wouldn't that be sad...

    My monday morning rant. ;-)
    I read reviews, but I've never found it helpful to read reviews on mom-and-pop websites (no offense to yours, which I've not used). I use Amazon reviews because they're generally robust. I don't mind paying a few bucks more if I buy stuff in person at a brick-and-mortar joint in my area, because I want to support local businesses. What I generally avoid is buying from small businesses online, because I don't want to deal with the possible hassle of return and exchange, or hunting down something that doesn't arrive. I've often paid several bucks more to go with Amazon, specifically because I know its service is reliable.

  7. #16
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    156365
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    I read reviews, but I've never found it helpful to read reviews on mom-and-pop websites (no offense to yours, which I've not used). I use Amazon reviews because they're generally robust. I don't mind paying a few bucks more if I buy stuff in person at a brick-and-mortar joint in my area, because I want to support local businesses. What I generally avoid is buying from small businesses online, because I don't want to deal with the possible hassle of return and exchange, or hunting down something that doesn't arrive. I've often paid several bucks more to go with Amazon, specifically because I know its service is reliable.

    Would you consider sites like iLounge or CNET mom-and-pops websites? i think they got good review...
    I think you will find that some small online business would go to greater length then Amazon or Ebay to make sure their customers are happy.
    Altough i must say i have always found service on Amazon quite good, not so much Ebay. But both from a seller's point of view are a bit of a cartel ;-)

  8. #17
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by McTablet_T2C View Post
    Would you consider sites like iLounge or CNET mom-and-pops websites? i think they got good review...
    I think you will find that some small online business would go to greater length then Amazon or Ebay to make sure their customers are happy.
    Altough i must say i have always found service on Amazon quite good, not so much Ebay. But both from a seller's point of view are a bit of a cartel ;-)
    I've looked at iLounge, but haven't found the reviews useful. That's probably a matter of what I buy, and how focused the reviews are. I generally like Amazon because it has a bunch of reviews for the same product, which lets me compare perspectives. I've checked CNET on occassion, but for hardware I'm more likely to use other sites, which aren't involved in selling anything directly. With those, I like to compare a bunch of reviews across sites, and read comments.

    I buy through sites like Etsy sometimes, because they have individual vendors with a specialized product. For me, it doesn't make sense to buy a commodity-type product and risk poor CS, even for savings. That's me, of course. I can't speak for others. But my husband and I buy A LOT online, and that's our pattern.

  9. #18
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    156365
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    271
    Agree with what you said above. I guess over all it depends on the product, like when i buy a TV for example i would read lots of review and choose like that.
    I think Amazon review are not always 100% honest as there is some amount of "fake" user reviews on there. I have also bought a pair of Ear Phone (Sennheiser CX300) from Amazon which turned out to be fake.
    this would have probably not happen if i bought on lets say Bestbuy or something.

    I do shop a lot on line but if i see something i like i probably just go for it, i think most shop know that CS is very important and that they will lose customers very fast if they don offer good CS.
    I must say i also give my CC online at times, so far so good, took me a while to get over the "im going to sponsor a trip to Hawaii for someone" fear.

    Long story short, i do try to give smaller businesses that offer me extra value in terms of user experience on their site the chance to take my money ;-)

  10. #19
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Agree about fake reviews -- on all types of websites. I've seen ones on Amazon, Yelp and even something lame like local Yellow Pages website (was looking for landscaper and saw a bunch of fake reviews), for example. That's why I like a good number of reviews to check out. If anything smells funny to me, I just skip buying. I can't remember anything I had to have badly enough to override what I thought were suspect reviews, but maybe I've just been lucky.

  11. #20
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by McTablet_T2C
    Agree with what you said above. I guess over all it depends on the product, like when i buy a TV for example i would read lots of review and choose like that.
    I think Amazon review are not always 100% honest as there is some amount of "fake" user reviews on there. I have also bought a pair of Ear Phone (Sennheiser CX300) from Amazon which turned out to be fake.
    this would have probably not happen if i bought on lets say Bestbuy or something.

    I do shop a lot on line but if i see something i like i probably just go for it, i think most shop know that CS is very important and that they will lose customers very fast if they don offer good CS.
    I must say i also give my CC online at times, so far so good, took me a while to get over the "im going to sponsor a trip to Hawaii for someone" fear.

    Long story short, i do try to give smaller businesses that offer me extra value in terms of user experience on their site the chance to take my money ;-)
    If I'm buying a TV then I like to see it first (as the screen may not be quite what I am expecting), but if I go to one of the high street shops to view I would also check online for prices. If shops want me to pay a few extra $ for a product then they need to give me a reason to. It's not good enough to say that they are a small business and can't compete with the big boys. It might be service or some kind of loyalty scheme but they need to provide a good reason.

    As for reviews, I find that if a product has lots of reviews then you can extract the average out of them but if only a few then be wary. It's also worth noting that lots of people will only write something on line if it has gone wrong......just like why lots of folks join forums.....so be wary of a few bad reviews (not that I would buy anything which only has bad reviews!).

    The Archangel


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Buying Ipad2 - BestBuy/Apple Online/Amazon ?
    By araje in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
  2. Ebay app
    By LoadsaaaTOP in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 06:34 PM
  3. Ebay and Amazon shipping to Thailand
    By JJK in forum International iPad Users
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 01:59 AM
  4. ebay!!
    By Broseph in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 09:47 AM
  5. eBay help
    By bighed in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 04:28 PM

Search tags for this page

awesome ipad accessories on ebay
,
buy accessories better on ebay or amazon?
,
ebay accessories for apple ipad
,
ebay cck
,
ipad 1 accessories ebay
,
ipad accesories amazon
,

ipad accessories amazon

,
ipad accessories on ebay
,

ipad accessoris ebay

,
ipad buy ebay
,
should i buy ipad accesories on ebay
,
which evay seller has the cheapest ipad accessories
Click on a term to search for related topics.