Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Seagate satelite

This is a discussion on Seagate satelite within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Does the Seagate GoFlex Satellite give off wifi on the go...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    iPF Noob
    Member #

Seagate satelite

Does the Seagate GoFlex Satellite give off wifi on the go

2. Ads

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes, that's how it works.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1455 times
    To clarify, in case it's not clear (your question was a bit vague) - the Seagate only gives off WiFi for access to it's files. It's not creating a WiFi signal for you to go online and wander around the 'Net, receive e-mails, etc. It's only for local Seagate to iPad access.

Just in case that was what you meant. Sorry to be pedantic if you weren't...

Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Does anyone know, if it is at all possible to use the GoFlex satellite with the apple Tv?

Also, I heard the the GoFlex satellite can use other apps on the iPad to play movies. So you don't have to convert them to play. Which apps are comparable?

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Hi all,

I'm new so be easy on me!

I'm thinking of buying the goflex satelitte but I've got more questions than answers at the moment. I've recently started to us avplayer which is amazing as I don't have to convert avi films anymore so my question is, can I store avi films on the goflex satelitte and then use them from there? Really confused on this one because you have to use iTunes to upload films into avplayer so I'm wondering if it's even possible? Doesn't seem much point in getting the goflex drive if not. At help is gratefully received

Thanks in advance/hope/anticipation

Mike

iPad Fan
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Check out iFlash Drive and AirStash drive. AS uses removable Sd cards to do the same as Seagate's Satellite except it has pass-through capabilities. Plus is wireless access where the iFlash Drive has to be connected. I have used the Seagate, tho, and it's not bad.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wokiebear
    Check out iFlash Drive and AirStash drive. AS uses removable Sd cards to do the same as Seagate's Satellite except it has pass-through capabilities. Plus is wireless access where the iFlash Drive has to be connected. I have used the Seagate, tho, and it's not bad.
    The satellite has pass through now.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanklysbest
    Hi all,

I'm new so be easy on me!

I'm thinking of buying the goflex satelitte but I've got more questions than answers at the moment. I've recently started to us avplayer which is amazing as I don't have to convert avi films anymore so my question is, can I store avi films on the goflex satelitte and then use them from there? Really confused on this one because you have to use iTunes to upload films into avplayer so I'm wondering if it's even possible? Doesn't seem much point in getting the goflex drive if not. At help is gratefully received

Thanks in advance/hope/anticipation

Mike
    You can play avi files on your iOS device if you used the app oplayerHD (there's a lite version).

iPF Noob
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ace player, buzz player can access videos stored on seagate satellite. And yes, seagate satelite can do wifi pass thru with the latest firmware.

Links