Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Using a stylus with a screen protrctor

This is a discussion on Using a stylus with a screen protrctor within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you were having response issues using a stylus with a screen protector. I have the wrapsol on ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #

Using a stylus with a screen protector

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you were having response issues using a stylus with a screen protector. I have the wrapsol on now cuz it was the only one I could get. I want to use note taker HD but I am having issues with the response.

If are not having response issues with your stylus and screen protector combo what screen protector are you using?
    Last edited by xultar; 06-23-2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

2. Ads

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xultar View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you were having response issues using a stylus with a screen protector. I have the wrapsol on now cuz it was the only one I could get. I want to use note taker HD but I am having issues with the response.

If are not having response issues with your stylus and screen protector combo what screen protector are you using?
    Power Support Crystal film and Dagi stylus combo is working fine in drawing apps for me.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo7 View Post

Power Support Crystal film and Dagi stylus combo is working fine in drawing apps for me.
    Apple stopped selling those right? The iPad screen is such a fingerprint magnet. It drives me nuts. So I have to use a screen protector. I'll give the Power Support a try. Thanks.

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    The screen protector made by Zagg works wells but I am not using a stylus. Plan to in the future.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo7 View Post

Apple stopped selling those right? The iPad screen is such a fingerprint magnet. It drives me nuts. So I have to use a screen protector. I'll give the Power Support a try. Thanks.
    You should consider the Power Support anti-glare film instead of crystal if finger prints are bothering you.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    Does power support anti glare film make screen blurry?

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    The screen protector made by Zagg works wells but I am not using a stylus. Plan to in the future.
    I'm using WrapSol and I love it on the back but on the front it is WAY too thick for use with a stylus. So I'm getting the Powersupport clear and then I'll be able to take notes by hand and stuff.

I'm really afraid to scratch the screen. It is to pretty.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by iForum77 View Post
    Does power support anti glare film make screen blurry?
    Not blurry but muted. You get used to it but when you go to change it out you really see how nice the screen is without it. I used the PS AG on my iPhone for a long time but i eventually went clear because of the muted look. It does work though. They should offer a combo pack with a clear and AG so people can test both.

My iPhone is screen is scratched now because I decided to go without screen protection because so many said it wasn't needed.
    I'll never go without screen protection again.

iPad Noob!
    Member #
    I also have the Power supply anti-glare screen.
    It cuts down dramatically on fingerprints and fingerprint smearing that occurs from normal use. Also you can tell that it reduces glare, you can no longer use the ipad as a sort of mirror.

However i have to say i can definitely tell that the screen is sort of blurrier, its sort of looks like there's a layer of blurry pixelation between the screen and me. I noticed this very shortly after putting the screen on.

I'm considering switching to a non-antiglare screen because of that. Mayo7 (or anyone!) can you confirm that the screen still looks excellent with the Power supply clear film?

Onto your actual question,
    I just borrowed a pogo sketch from a coworker (who also has an ipad), he did say he wasn't crazy about the pogo, and told me how he lost it in the couch for a week and forgot about it...

I used the pogo with a free "Draw Free" app, drawing out "Hello world" with my finger vs the pogo, drawing the the pogo is fast and easy, I can actually draw hello world faster than i can "draw" hello world with my finger.

I switched over to safari and used the stylus to "type" in a web address, the software keyboard picked up the pogo's "typing" with ease.

I have noticed though that when i hold the pogo at an angle to the ipad (like i would if i was holding a pencil) such that a small amount of the tip is against the screen that occasionally the ipad will miss a small motion i make with the stylus.
    For example in safari if i i try to use the pogo to "flick" the page up or down (to move up or down) if i do a small flick (moving only about half an inch) with the pogo at this angle that the ipad misses this motion.

Honestly i think the same thing would happen if you didn't have the screen protector.

So from using the stylus with the power supply antiglare screen for about 30 minutes i'd say the screen does not affect the stylus operation. I haven't tested the stylus without the screen protector so i can't provide a comparison.

Hope this was helpful to you

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Jauce,

The screen looks excellent with the power support (not power supply) crystal film. Texts are crisp and i haven't had the need to increase the brightness of the screen to compensate for the lack of 'pop' that you apparently get with the anti-glare. You can't even tell there is a screen protector on..

It does have a slightly different texture than the naked glass. A little tacky or sticky kind of feel, but it doesnt affect the smoothness of how my finger glides across the screen. I also feel like fingerprints take less effort to wipe off with this thing installed, but it might just be in my head.

If you want to make little changes as possible to the ipad while adding protection to the screen, this is exactly what to get.
    Last edited by Mayo7; 06-24-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Links