Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Should i buy a keyboard

This is a discussion on Should i buy a keyboard within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Does anyone has a keyboard working with the iPad, are you happy with the keyboard?...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iPF Novice
    Member #

Should i buy a keyboard

Does anyone has a keyboard working with the iPad, are you happy with the keyboard?

2. Ads

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

i love my apple wireless keyboard-after returning new model *

Quote Originally Posted by roma9019 View Post
    Does anyone has a keyboard working with the iPad, are you happy with the keyboard?
    and looking around on craigs for model "A"keyboard as the new apple wireless bluetooth keyboard
    is not yet fully compatible till os 5!
    meaning brightness and volume hot keys dont work
    so if you want full compatability now then get older model A and not B model keyboard

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    632 times
    I have the official iPad keyboard dock for the office. I love it and could not live without it for 9-5 tasks (which tend to be text intensive).
    At home I have no need for a dedicated keyboard for my iPad and don't miss it at all!
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)

Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I have the Logitech Keyboard Case for Zagg. I use this ALL THE TIME for school. I also have the apple wireless keyboard but haven't used it since I got the Zagg.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y
    I have the official iPad keyboard dock for the office. I love it and could not live without it for 9-5 tasks (which tend to be text intensive).
    At home I have no need for a dedicated keyboard for my iPad and don't miss it at all!
    Thanks

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cayleg

and looking around on craigs for model "A"keyboard as the new apple wireless bluetooth keyboard
    is not yet fully compatible till os 5!
    meaning brightness and volume hot keys dont work
    so if you want full compatability now then get older model A and not B model keyboard
    Thanks

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherLarea
    I have the Logitech Keyboard Case for Zagg. I use this ALL THE TIME for school. I also have the apple wireless keyboard but haven't used it since I got the Zagg.
    Thank you, i will considerate to buy logitech keyboard

iPad Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by roma9019 View Post
    Hello Roma - sure many of us have keyboards (KB) for the iPad (and there are plenty of previous threads on this topic - try a search - )

For myself, I have the Apple BT KB which works well for us (limitations do exit as others have suggested which may improve w/ a new OS release?) - if you need to write long emails, type into a word processing program (such as Pages or others), or enter a LOT of data into other apps, then I would strongly consider that you obtain a KB - good luck w/ your choice; there are plenty of options; again, try searching the forum.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    A bunch of options.

() Apple Wireless Keyboard (already mentioned). Combine with the Origami Workstation or a new folio case from (sorry, cannot remember...do a search) that holds the AWK and the iPad.

() Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth Portable keyboard. Much cheaper than the AWK. A bit wider but still portable. One of the best portable keyboards around with great ergonomics. Available from Amazon and others.

() Logitech makes several models including a folding near full size keyboard. A little spendy but doubles as a back protector. They also make an Origami Workstation-like system that includes a good keyboard with an iPad stand. Less expensive than the OW+AWK combo.

() Gobs of combo iPad/keyboard cases from various vendors. Some identical. Some cheap. Some expensive. Best known is the Zaggmate case. Be careful if you're used to a full size keyboard. Because they combine a case fitted to the width of the iPad with a keyboard it means the keyboard is cramped. Might not bother you. I hate 'em.

() Less expensive folding keyboards that are very portable but may not be very durable. Again, do a search for the exact names.

iPF Noob
    Member #

Is there a Universal Keyboard

I purchased the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for my iPad 2. Works great for those times intensive typing is needed. I also have a Dell PC with its own dedicated bluetooth keyboard (Microsoft Arc). Would love to know if there is a universal keyboard that would work with both the iPad and the Dell laptop so I dont have to carry multiple keyboards on business trips. Any ideas?

Ride

Links