Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Leather Book style cases

This is a discussion on Leather Book style cases within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I'm looking for recommendations - on a budget for a REAL LEATHER portfolio type case. The problem is - There are 1,000,000,000,000,000 sellers of cases ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leather Book style cases

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Leather Book style cases

I'm looking for recommendations - on a budget for a REAL LEATHER portfolio type case.

The problem is -

There are 1,000,000,000,000,000 sellers of cases for iPad.

99% of them are LIARS and advertise leather when it is not. It's fake leather from China and you won't be sending it back - so you're hosed.

The other 1% seems to sell for $50-$300 for a case. Pretty costly for two square feet of material.

So here I am asking if anyone found a real leather case that functions well - doesn't obscure any part of the screen or connectors - and looks really nice/high end. I'm using the iPad as a client presentation tool so impressions are important, and ideally it would be soft and luxurious looking and feeling.

2. Ads

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    So you're looking for a "real leather" "really nice/high end" "soft and luxurious looking and feeling" case and you feel that $50 is too much to pay, right?

Good luck.

But while I have doubts it will satisfy your requirements, you might consider the case from Bear Motion. I've dealt with them and can testify that they will jump through hoops to satisfy a customer. If you aren't satisfied, you can return it for a full refund, including shipping costs.

Amazon.com: Bear Motion (TM) 100% Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 2nd Generation Folio with 3-in-1 built-in Stand for Apple iPad 2 (Latest Generation) Tablet [Leather case enclosed in blue sleeve]: Electronics
    charliko likes this.

iPad Addict
    Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    I found a leather case by Sena at retailer Tuesday Morning at a great discount.

iPF Super Guru
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iGirl View Post
    I'm looking for recommendations - on a budget for a REAL LEATHER portfolio type case.

The problem is -

There are 1,000,000,000,000,000 sellers of cases for iPad.

99% of them are LIARS and advertise leather when it is not. It's fake leather from China and you won't be sending it back - so you're hosed.

The other 1% seems to sell for $50-$300 for a case. Pretty costly for two square feet of material.

So here I am asking if anyone found a real leather case that functions well - doesn't obscure any part of the screen or connectors - and looks really nice/high end. I'm using the iPad as a client presentation tool so impressions are important, and ideally it would be soft and luxurious looking and feeling.
    Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Welcome again and enjoy!

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, yes I've searched a bit and if something special came along I would pay a bit more, but the designs and materials many sellers use, are getting a lot of marginal reviews. Bear Motion does seem to have many different ones out there... No Tuesday Morning store locally, though that would be a real one time only change to find one there.

I like the way this one only clips to the edges - that might be really nice. (The one my husband has covers all the way to the active area of the screen - making the display look smaller and claustrophobic.)
    Pyrus Electronics Genuine Leather Stand/Case for Apple iPad 1 - it's sold by Bear Motion but not sure they make it?

Not very soft, though functional. Complaints about a bad smell! Hmmm

iPF Noob
    Member #
    I bought a iPad 2 case from maplins which is real leather portfolio type, excellent value at 24:99.

Only thing that I have found is the fit is not the best, hoping like new shoes it'll were in.

iPF Noob
    Member #
    iGirl, you are limiting your options with a budget of max $ 50, but the Mivizu Sense case would be a good choice at $ 29.95. Check it out at Amazon. Real leather, complete protection, nice soft pad on the back. The fit is not 100% true, but it's good enough for the price.

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Real leather comes from a dead animal. Use a cover made from synthetics and it's production probably caused some pollution. Pick your poison.

Cut

iPF Novice
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks all - I think I've found one I like - or at least can try on for a while and then decide if I want to go from $50 to $100 on one!

Targus-Zierra-Leather-Portfolio

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    Have you tried looking on Etsy? I've seen a few that have been amazing. Let me do some research and post some finds in a bit.

Links