Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

This is a discussion on Reading in bed - Needing a Stand within the iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3 forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; What about something like this ? There should be cheaper alternatives though....

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    What about something like this? There should be cheaper alternatives though.

2. Ads

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I considered using something like the apple case or a book stand sitting on a regular lap desk. However, I want to go with something that won't be sliding around every time I shift my legs or reposition, etc... I considered fabricating my own stand and Im still probably going to but Ill need something until I get the design right.

The groovy stand is neat buy not quite big and stable enough for what I need.

Xiutian, thanks for that suggestion. I had never considered the style with legs, that's why I posted on here, so I could get some more ideas coming this way. I like the lapdog and need something like that for my laptop anyway. Regardless Ill have one on the way soon so I might as well see how it works with the iPad, after I take some measurements to assess the comfort level.

I really appreciate all of the suggestions. Even the ideas that weren't quite what I was looking for, every single one gave me something new to think about or inspiration for the custom setup I want to fab up myself.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Try this....got it from IKEA for my little monster so that she can study in bed.
    During the IKEA offer, it was going for $9.95 only. Think normal retail should be less than $20.

It has a textured surface which hold things in place and a bean-bag base so that it sculpts to your thigh and there is even a concave curve at the waist area so that it can accommodate an extremely "convex" individual

Incidentally, the bean-bag base can be removed for washing.

iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    [QUOTE=Teacher's Pet;34055]I spend a good bit of time with iPad when I'm in the bed. I unwind after a long day at work by reading and playing on the iPad, and Im getting ready to order a stand/lap desk for the iPad.

I saw the review of the Padded Spaces prop it up stand, and that's along the lines of what Im looking for.
    Home of the Prop It Up? - Padded Spaces

I'm sure there are others who have faced this situation. I figured there would be more options available, but it's been hard to find a desk like that, which will also prop up the iPad in a standing position.

So before I drop the hammer and place my order, I wanted to see if there were any other products similar to the one from Padded spaces I should consider. Also, I will be ordering a new reading pillow for lack of a better term. A big pillow that sits against the headboard and is shaped kind of like the back of a chair, recommendations on that would be great.[/QUO

The best solution would be to buy a sleep number bed,they can be paced in any position you like,try one out in the store before you buy.

Al.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by xiutian View Post
    What about something like this? There should be cheaper alternatives though.
    That Lapdog table is really pretty cool. Next time I'm sick in bed I hope I have one of those.

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotonutz View Post
    Try this....got it from IKEA for my little monster so that she can study in bed.
    Neat idea but it forces you to stay in one position.

iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Al Rogers, that sleep number bed is a hilarious idea. I love it. However I could go to a 64 GB iPad and give this one to my girlfriend if I was gonna spend that much. Now if I didn't like the iPad so much I'd go the sleep number route, but if I didn't like the iPad I guess I wouldn't need it.

The Ikea is a neat concept too

iPad Noob!
    Member #

iPad Cases and Stands

Hi,
    I own a company called My Green Monkey Designs. We make cases of iPad from eco-friendly, recycled materials. I also found I really needed a stand for my iPad so I designed a GREAT adjustable stand. Please check out my website at: MyGreenMonkeyDesigns.etsy.com

iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    Here's another one, but I don't think it would work in bed very well. They call it a recliner, but I think they're talking about the iPad on a table top, not the user in a recliner chair. Don't think it would work on anything but a flat surface.
    iPad Accessories, eReader Accessories: LaptopDesk.net - IPAD & E-READER RECLINER

iPad Fan!
    Member #
    The trick about watching movies on your iPad in bed is that you need something that raises the iPad up into your natural field of view and lets you angle the screen so that it is perpendicular to your line of sight. You can always take a desktop stand and lie on your side to watch, but this isn't really a very good option. If you are reclined, you need a stand that positions the iPad high in front of you.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Links